External inline pump for media reactor?

One Reefing Boi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 29, 2020
Messages
1,177
Reaction score
735
Location
New Jersey
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Was hoping to get some insight into this - I have high PO4 in my tank, but since it’s an AIO, not a ton of room for a reactor.

I was hoping to get an inline pump so that I can put the intake tube into the back of the system, pull water through the pump, into the reactor, and it would push it back into the tank. My back chamber is already tight with 2 heaters, an ATO, 4 head doser, and my return pump, hence why I was thinking of this approach.

Anyone have suggestions? If not, then I guess I would use the BRS system they have that has the sycre pump single chamber bundle.

Thanks!
 
I don't see any reason why you couldn't run a reactor that way. You could also consider adding a manifold or elbow off the drain for this purpose.
 
I don't see any reason why you couldn't run a reactor that way. You could also consider adding a manifold or elbow off the drain for this purpose.
The drain? Or the return? I thought about that too as an option but the return tube is huge so not sure if it would be too much flow!
 
The drain? Or the return? I thought about that too as an option but the return tube is huge so not sure if it would be too much flow!
Using a T or manifold off the drain would prevent extra tress on the return, but using the return would prevent the media from being clogged by particulate coming down the drain. Either should work in theory. Have you tried diagnosing the cause of the PO4? Solutions may be available without chemical intervention, a glass-mounted algae scrubber in the sump might be a space-efficient option.
 
Using a T or manifold off the drain would prevent extra tress on the return, but using the return would prevent the media from being clogged by particulate coming down the drain. Either should work in theory. Have you tried diagnosing the cause of the PO4? Solutions may be available without chemical intervention, a glass-mounted algae scrubber in the sump might be a space-efficient option.
Unfortunately it’s an AIO so no sump or drain line (which is part of the challenge I was having) with this solution.

And yeah, just an old tank with lots of feeding
 
Maybe a HOB with your chosen media inside? Just a thought.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 5 18.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new