external pump

salt newbie01

CRC Flunky
View Badges
Joined
May 21, 2007
Messages
1,218
Reaction score
15
Location
Cleveland TN
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering what external pump you all have experience with. I am working on setting up a large sump in the basement and will use an external pump to return back to the tank. I haven't measured it yet but I imagine it will be around 16' vertical head to overcome. I would like to have around 350-500 gph at the tank. And I hope to have the ability to have a gate valve to throttle it back if need be.

thanks


​
 
Iwaski for the head pressure. there site lists what model will produce that GPH at that head
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 25 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new