Extra Rock??

The_Barrs_Reef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 6, 2020
Messages
159
Reaction score
49
Location
Rowlett, TX
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi guys I have about 6 islands of rock that are in my display tank and I just got some new coral I need to put in my sand bed so I need to make some room is it ok to put the rock in my sump until I need them?
 
Last edited:
Absolutely. I keep spare live rock in my fuge/sump. Keeps the rock "Live Rock."
 
Absolutely. I keep spare live rock in my fuge/sump. Keeps the rock "Live Rock."
Awesome thank you.. you also don't happen to know if you can cycle new rock down there too can you or will that trigger a cycle in the display??
 
- Transferring live rock from the display to the sump will not start a cycle.

- Introducing new dry rock will not either, and will just get seeded and eventually become live rock.

- Putting dead live rock with dead or decaying matter should be done is small increments to prevent a nutrient spike in the system.

:)
 
- Transferring live rock from the display to the sump will not start a cycle.

- Introducing new dry rock will not either, and will just get seeded and eventually become live rock.

- Putting dead live rock with dead or decaying matter should be done is small increments to prevent a nutrient spike in the system.

:)
You have been a huge help thank you!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new