Extra tube nassarius snail?

RedReefer777

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 27, 2018
Messages
36
Reaction score
21
Location
Toms River, N.J.
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I was night watching my tank and all of my snails have been laying alot off eggs lately, but this one nassarius snail caught my attention since he had an extra tube coming out of him while he was on the glass....anybody know what this is? I though snails were a-sexual?

20190304_220814.jpg


20190304_220812.jpg


20190304_220811.jpg


20190304_220809.jpg


20190304_220658.jpg
 
Could be the mouth.
Screenshot_20190305-065931_Google.jpg

I think it’s the mouth too. I noticed the mouth on mine the other day. Thought it was a big worm at first lol. It was pretty long. I put a fish flake next to it and it ate it up.

edit: whoops didn’t realize how old this thread was hahaha.

29E8A0F7-A9EE-47D2-B502-4583011B934D.jpeg F409DAC0-E0FD-4C95-9F5C-265043698F6E.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new