>>> EXTREME CORALS GIVEAWAY!!! 4 WINNERS!!! <<<

Some corals I acclimate for 15 mins or less it all depends on the coral type, how long they have been in bag, and differences in water parameters
Same!
 
official entry
signed up email and created account
1677818916028.png
 
Extra entry 5
the first thing I noted on the facility page was how cle the tanks were and how well they displayed the corals. Nice and clean look.
 
We dip corals here. Dipping corals is always good but I would much prefer for someone to have a quarantine tank that they could acclimate coral into first and let it settle in for a few days after stress of shipping before dipping. I personally believe a large percentage of corals that die are because corals we dipped right after shipping when they are stressed. If coral is picked up locally you could certainly dip it first. It really depends on the situation, the type of coral, the dip used, the condition of the coral, and the end user. There are so many variables that I just do not feel comfortable making a blanket recommendation on dipping or not dipping. Thanks, Scott
Thanks! So for shipped corals, put them in QT after acclimation first and then dip a few days later. How long in total do you recommend QT, and do you suggest multiple dips over time at some interval to kill newly hatched eggs?
 
Entry #3 - since I’d love to start keeping scolly’s I read up on Caring for Scolymia in the blog
 
Entry #4 - you use the same lights I have over my office tank - G6 Radion‘s and a360x’s
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 20.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new