Extreme Polyp Extension this am, wanted to share.

  • Thread starter Thread starter skey44
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

skey44

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 28, 2024
Messages
3,630
Reaction score
7,764
Location
Greenville
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you guys do for your best PE?
I wanted to discuss my extreme polyp extension from this am and wanted to share what I did differently to get more PE than usual. Yesterday I did my regular weekly water change. Instead of my usual coral snow dose and skimmer for crystal clear sparkling water, I shut the skimmer off for the change and left it off for 12 hours or so. Right after the WC I dosed 1ml/10ga Red Sea a/b aminos, 1ml/10ga Microbacter purple, 1.5ml/10ga phyto, and 5 small squirts of oyster feast. LPS and Acropora PE are amazing right now the morning after.

IMG_5270.jpeg

My new favorite frag, BC High Rainbow. Look how shaggy and fluorescent. You can see my BC Bozo in the background also sporting some crazy PE on its base.
 
For me, I find I get the best polyp extension when there is nutrients, stable parameters, proper trace elements levels and I always find great extension after dosing phyto, AquaForest Aminos or Aquaforest vitamins.
 
For me, I find I get the best polyp extension when there is nutrients, stable parameters, proper trace elements levels and I always find great extension after dosing phyto, AquaForest Aminos or Aquaforest vitamins.
Yes my nitrates are 14ppm and phosphates are 0.12ppm. I think the WC (fresh trace), aminos, and bacteria pushed the PE through the roof. It’s almost like I could visibly see the growth in the tank since yesterday.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new