Eyes Cloudy

puccie1

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 8, 2022
Messages
255
Reaction score
66
Location
Palm Beach County
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eyes Cloudy and scales on body seem little beauty in area's, don't believe its fluke or ick none of the other fish seem to be bothered only my angels!, Is there a medication I can add to the tank since its 600 gallons fish only (angels ar pretty big and don't have a quarantine tank to put all 4 in, any advice will be greatly appreciated , thanks



0 3.jpeg

2.jpeg
 
Eyes Cloudy and scales on body seem little beauty in area's, don't believe its fluke or ick none of the other fish seem to be bothered only my angels!, Is there a medication I can add to the tank since its 600 gallons fish only (angels ar pretty big and don't have a quarantine tank to put all 4 in, any advice will be greatly appreciated , thanks



0 3.jpeg

2.jpeg
As these fish are susceptible to flukes, I highly suspect this is the case and suggest treatment using PraziPro applied at 85% of recommended dosage and allow it to work for 7 days, change water and apply one more application lasting 7 days and do add an air stone as Prazi lowers both oxygen and appetite
 
As these fish are susceptible to flukes, I highly suspect this is the case and suggest treatment using PraziPro applied at 85% of recommended dosage and allow it to work for 7 days, change water and apply one more application lasting 7 days and do add an air stone as Prazi lowers both oxygen and appetite
I have praziquantel powder will that do the job and do I have to shut off the UV sterilizer and protein skimmer while doing the medication
 
I have praziquantel powder will that do the job and do I have to shut off the UV sterilizer and protein skimmer while doing the medication
Skimmer off yes and powder has to be FULLY desolved
 
Eyes Cloudy and scales on body seem little beauty in area's, don't believe its fluke or ick none of the other fish seem to be bothered only my angels!, Is there a medication I can add to the tank since its 600 gallons fish only (angels ar pretty big and don't have a quarantine tank to put all 4 in, any advice will be greatly appreciated , thanks



0 3.jpeg

2.jpeg

The pics aren’t very clear, two things cause cloudy eyes on multiple fish like this; late stage ich and Neobenedenia flukes, hasn’t your tank had problems with Neobenedenia before? It shows up most clearly on certain species, including angelfish.

I just posted an article about this:

https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/neobenedenia-the-eye-fluke.1229/
 
The pics aren’t very clear, two things cause cloudy eyes on multiple fish like this; late stage ich and Neobenedenia flukes, hasn’t your tank had problems with Neobenedenia before? It shows up most clearly on certain species, including angelfish.

I just posted an article about this:

https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/neobenedenia-the-eye-fluke.1229/
So basically I’ll need 5 g of praziquantel powder for a 550 gallon tank. Should I do a 50% water change 48 hours later or go the whole seven days, then do a water change, and should I hit the tank for three weeks straight since I’ve done this previously and it hasn’t worked. And don’t use the MSO solvent for the powder, but use nylon socks correct? Please advise, I’d appreciate it. Thank you
 
So basically I’ll need 5 g of praziquantel powder for a 550 gallon tank. Should I do a 50% water change 48 hours later or go the whole seven days, then do a water change, and should I hit the tank for three weeks straight since I’ve done this previously and it hasn’t worked. And don’t use the MSO solvent for the powder, but use nylon socks correct? Please advise, I’d appreciate it. Thank you

I would do a water change just before the second and third treatments. I would dose 4.5 grams, to take into account any sand or rock displacement.
Correct do NOT use DMSO or other solvents. Press it through nylon socks, or a fine brine shrimp net.

Read the section of the article on prazi eating bacteria, and you’ve dosed this tank before, those may come into play.

I find that hyposalinity is a better treatment, but of course, that can’t be done in tanks with invertebrates.

If you post a video of the fish, I might be able to firm up my diagnosis here…..
 
I would do a water change just before the second and third treatments. I would dose 4.5 grams, to take into account any sand or rock displacement.
Correct do NOT use DMSO or other solvents. Press it through nylon socks, or a fine brine shrimp net.

Read the section of the article on prazi eating bacteria, and you’ve dosed this tank before, those may come into play.

I find that hyposalinity is a better treatment, but of course, that can’t be done in tanks with invertebrates.

If you post a video of the fish, I might be able to firm up my diagnosis here…..
Thank you. I’ll take a video. I’ll be home in about four hours from work, and I’ll take a video of it and post it. See you. Thanks, Shay, for everything you’ve done and for the time taken.
 
Thank you. I’ll take a video. I’ll be home in about four hours from work, and I’ll take a video of it and post it. See you. Thanks, Shay, for everything you’ve done and for the time taken.
MY WIFE JUST DID THIS FOR ME & SENT IT
 
I would do a water change just before the second and third treatments. I would dose 4.5 grams, to take into account any sand or rock displacement.
Correct do NOT use DMSO or other solvents. Press it through nylon socks, or a fine brine shrimp net.

Read the section of the article on prazi eating bacteria, and you’ve dosed this tank before, those may come into play.

I find that hyposalinity is a better treatment, but of course, that can’t be done in tanks with invertebrates.

If you post a video of the fish, I might be able to firm up my diagnosis here…..
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new