Ezy's 75 gallon mixed reef

easyautocare18

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 3, 2023
Messages
99
Reaction score
88
Location
Leeds
What state or country do you live in
Alabama
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Ezy here. I'm new to the club, but not to the hobby. I haven't had a running tank in aleast 5 years, but just finished dr tims one and only fishless cycle on my 75 gallon about 2 months ago and my reef is on its way. Here are some pictures.

16732154970049161193899059722947.jpg 16732155245807626509366007002466.jpg 1673215563681148655407944271164.jpg
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif
 
Hey Ezy here. I'm new to the club, but not to the hobby. I haven't had a running tank in aleast 5 years, but just finished dr tims one and only fishless cycle on my 75 gallon about 2 months ago and my reef is on its way. Here are some pictures.

16732154970049161193899059722947.jpg 16732155245807626509366007002466.jpg 1673215563681148655407944271164.jpg
Like this tank
 
Hey Ezy here. I'm new to the club, but not to the hobby. I haven't had a running tank in aleast 5 years, but just finished dr tims one and only fishless cycle on my 75 gallon about 2 months ago and my reef is on its way. Here are some pictures.

16732154970049161193899059722947.jpg 16732155245807626509366007002466.jpg 1673215563681148655407944271164.jpg

Welcome! Glad you joined. As you get your nitrates and phosphates under control in your new tank, that hair algae should naturally become more controlled. What I use in the meantime is this little scrubber - during water changes I take rocks out, scrub with flexible scrubber, rinse with water that was getting thrown out anyhow, and put the rock (minus algae) back in tank. Superglue holds the scrub brush bristles into a bit of spare tubing that forms a nice handle.
algae scrub tools.JPG



Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread under Forum > Member Aquariums and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you in Leeds:
https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/global-local-reef-club-discussion.634/
This is a good reference book type online article I still review:
https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/the-supreme-guide-to-setting-up-a-saltwater-reef-aquarium.84/
 
off to a running start.. but sure you know its slow and steady at

Welcome! Glad you joined. As you get your nitrates and phosphates under control in your new tank, that hair algae should naturally become more controlled. What I use in the meantime is this little scrubber - during water changes I take rocks out, scrub with flexible scrubber, rinse with water that was getting thrown out anyhow, and put the rock (minus algae) back in tank. Superglue holds the scrub brush bristles into a bit of spare tubing that forms a nice handle.
algae scrub tools.JPG



Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread under Forum > Member Aquariums and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you in Leeds:
https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/global-local-reef-club-discussion.634/
This is a good reference book type online article I still review:
https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/the-supreme-guide-to-setting-up-a-saltwater-reef-aquarium.84/
My hair algae has been receding for a month now. Already went through the ugly stage with diatoms. I have 1 lawnmower taking care of the algea. I always ride it out and the algea will eventually go away. Thanks for your input
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!
Welcome.gif
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new