F R I G U S R E E F ‘ s 10 GALLON REEF

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
E6E991DB-AF31-4BA5-8269-5C574C81A02F.jpeg

Potentially another project. 1974 Honda cl200 for $450 the engine turns over, I know it needs new ignition coils but that’s all I know. Haven’t pulled trigger yet.
check it out @najer

Very nice, guess it should have side panels so check for anything missing.
My cb 125 s was also 1974, it ran a steel cam into the alloy head, check the net for specs.

OP
OP
Casket_Case

Casket_Case

Frags in the Frathouse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
B8E0B323-A395-4915-9EA0-440DBE53DEF6.jpeg

It’s been a hot minute. Hope everyone is well. Nothings really changed… lost a plant due to root rot. It was a placement issue on my part. Gonna have to elevate plants off enclosure floor too, all the organics and water is causing rot issues.
Oh yeah, and Van is hand trained now :) so that’s somethin’
It’s been a long two weeks. Just essays and finals next week. Man, I’m gonna hate college. XD Van and his enclosure have been a great escape though. It my clears my mind

OP
OP
Casket_Case

Casket_Case

Frags in the Frathouse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Casket_Case came looking for new pics of plants.
200.gif
Yeah this thing is surprisingly heavy after being watered and sand and rocks added so Van doesn’t dig. But like wow super heavy and I had to rig it to sit at the right height it was a DEAL. I had to cut through the ceiling screen and push the little plant hanger up through that hole in the screen and hook it onto the border that hides all the equipment. ANYWAYS:

N E W P L A N T ~
Well, P L A N T S
My first addition was a Shefflera, almost a week ago. That’s the giant one in the back adding all the depth. Some leaves are dropping I’m not sure why, I did water it pretty good once I got it like soaked it so maybe from that. Then this neon Pothos. Both of these plants were used in landscaping yards back home in Florida so they just make me think of home :)
F03E1AFA-A138-42F1-9CD4-8EFED5F56B11.jpeg

Here’s my Full Vivarium Shot.
9733BD90-6CD1-4D5C-A99F-95D72D38181C.jpeg
Then this was it first starting up. I have lost that Canna Lilly in the original photograph. I guess I didn’t like the rocks on top of the soil so I switched to use half rocks and half sand which helps with air flow. But you gain some you lose some and in between you learn a lot :)
I also officially have ALL LIVE PLANTS! I had a fake fern hanging from the ceiling for Van to drink from. But now he has a Pothos!
But look at the before and after, I’m pretty happy with it now. The Pothos is a bit close to the heat lamp but I’ve been told they tolerate it pretty well. We’ll see!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Casket_Case

Casket_Case

Frags in the Frathouse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great. Van is a lucky one
Thanks! I love the little dude.
Here he is sitting in the water of the dripper, I don’t know why he was but I moved him cause he doesn’t need to be cold.
BB6300E2-309A-43AF-8D1D-DB17A450328D.jpeg

And here is him sitting on the Pothos pretending to be Elsa on some snowy mountain:
7DFF7F5F-7A2D-44D5-A09F-94DF011FBA23.jpeg

Oh yeah, I also put my box fan on a pile of books next to the cage, I caught an unhealthy smell from the pots and it’s most likely too much stagnant air and moisture so we’re gonna have that kicking just to help keep everything healthy.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I love the little dude.
Here he is sitting in the water of the dripper, I don’t know why he was but I moved him cause he doesn’t need to be cold.
BB6300E2-309A-43AF-8D1D-DB17A450328D.jpeg

And here is him sitting on the Pothos pretending to be Elsa on some snowy mountain:
7DFF7F5F-7A2D-44D5-A09F-94DF011FBA23.jpeg

Oh yeah, I also put my box fan on a pile of books next to the cage, I caught an unhealthy smell from the pots and it’s most likely too much stagnant air and moisture so we’re gonna have that kicking just to help keep everything healthy.
Looks great

OP
OP
Casket_Case

Casket_Case

Frags in the Frathouse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you need to give him a hit with moisture to help shed? Do they shed often?
Nah, he’s a native of Yemen and he dry sheds. Moisture makes it stick when it’s supposed to dry and fall off. He just finished shedding his head. He’s moving to legs right now

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 41 41.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 22.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 34.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.0%
Back