Casket_Case

Casket_Case

Frags in the Frathouse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
U P D A T E ;
My reef tank is now stocked with a clean up crew, pods, macroalgae and Floridian corals. Huge thanks to @Eagle_Steve, I love macroalgae but haven’t ever been able to get the good stuff. Being a highschool student my tanks are budget reefs and macroalgae has always been just too much, so Steve said he’d send me some macro and I’d just pay for shipping. Well he sends some and then tells me there’s ‘three surprises’ added in. Well yeah, Steve is a dirty freakin’ liar because there was much more than ‘three surprises’ and I was completely blindsided. If you’ve been following the build you know I love Floridian and Caribbean reef ecology and that’s all I really keep in my tank. And Steve sent five Gorgonians, two Zoanthids and a Florida Ricordea. My three top favorite corals. Along with the macroalgae and some clean up crew.
I’d like to just say that Steve is amazing. And not just because he sent me coral, ahaha. Steve has always been very patient and willing to help whenever he can, and dealing with someone like me you need a LOT of patience. When my LED broke over my last reef tank he didn’t even hesitate to send me a T5 light, no cost. It’s also been great to have someone to talk Florida/Caribbean Reef ecology with, who understands taxa and actually uses binomial nomenclature.
Thank you so much Steve.

Full Tank Shot:
A88A764B-4E1F-4B06-B4B1-F4040DDC24EA.jpeg
6014306E-4FD9-4C0F-8D96-135627613163.jpeg

I’ll probably do some rearranging tomorrow to get everyone in their places, the macroalgae and corals make my aquascape look a LOT less terrible than it actually is.

OP
OP
Casket_Case

Casket_Case

Frags in the Frathouse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll give the corals a couple more days to settle in and open up all the way before I give close ups. There’s one thing that I am really excited about as well and it’s this adorable little mussel on some of the Zoanthids. Wee things like bivalves put me over the moon.
B3728AED-6471-4100-A7EC-00CC8ED5B243.jpeg

OP
OP
Casket_Case

Casket_Case

Frags in the Frathouse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’m trying to correct myself in having a boring thread which apparently means more action. How do we achieve this @fishguy242?
I’d rob a bank or commit arson and post about it, maybe even blog? I think those count as action but my friends are all wusses and I can’t do it myself

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back