That section looks great. :)

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love how my own thread doesn’t even give notifs
Yup, I have to check my watched threads frequently to keep up. I get booted from everyone (including myself) all the time.

OP
OP
Casket_Case

Casket_Case

Frags in the Frathouse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
(I should’ve gotten pictures) but basically my tank has been having TERRIBLE GHA problems. But the profs have been helping me get to the root of it and a lot of my rockwork is looking so much better. I basically have one problem rock that has these looong strings of green beards and it’s all around this one rock. I stripped all the algae off the rockwork and I’m hoping that’ll give my Caulerpa some leverage over it. I also got a righteous clean up crew from Reef cleaners, they’re doing great it’s just I gotta remove the big stuff. I’ve also got many new corals since last update and I haven’t given up on starting build again but it’s just taking a lot longer than intended. I’m hopeful though and I think it’ll turn out well in the end :)

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
(I should’ve gotten pictures) but basically my tank has been having TERRIBLE GHA problems. But the profs have been helping me get to the root of it and a lot of my rockwork is looking so much better. I basically have one problem rock that has these looong strings of green beards and it’s all around this one rock. I stripped all the algae off the rockwork and I’m hoping that’ll give my Caulerpa some leverage over it. I also got a righteous clean up crew from Reef cleaners, they’re doing great it’s just I gotta remove the big stuff. I’ve also got many new corals since last update and I haven’t given up on starting build again but it’s just taking a lot longer than intended. I’m hopeful though and I think it’ll turn out well in the end :)
No time like the present for pics!!!!!!

OP
OP
Casket_Case

Casket_Case

Frags in the Frathouse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No time like the present for pics!!!!!!
I’ll get some good ones when I get off work :D

I don’t know why but some nice thick green turf likes the back glass…some of it I couldn’t get to because of rock work but I’m prob gonna end up taking a credit card or license to it.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’ll get some good ones when I get off work :D

I don’t know why but some nice thick green turf likes the back glass…some of it I couldn’t get to because of rock work but I’m prob gonna end up taking a credit card or license to it.
with a fine net underneath catch as much as possible... ;) :cool:

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey man good to see you.
I had similar issues battling almost every sort of algae at this point.
Take the problem rock out and scrub it. Rinse with system water and repeat process weekly if you have to. It will lose foothold and you can win the fight back.
If you have rock direct from ocean. Do not be afraid to rinse rock in tap water. Just bring the water to temp and give it a thorough 10 -20 second long rinse getting in all the nooks and crannies. Ive don't this almost on weekly basis for few months getting control on mine.

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey man good to see you.
Take the problem rock out and scrub it. Rinse with system and repeat process weekly if you have to. It will lose foothold and you can win the fight back.

This, cleanup crew react better to the tight new growth and can take it back to the rock.

OP
OP
Casket_Case

Casket_Case

Frags in the Frathouse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
with a fine net underneath catch as much as possible... ;) :cool:
Will do! I had my return nozzle full blast trying to clear up water with extra poly fil in the back yesterday lolol didn’t cross my mind to use net
Hey man good to see you.
Take the problem rock out and scrub it. Rinse with system water and repeat process weekly if you have to. It will lose foothold and you can win the fight back.
If you have rock direct from ocean. Do not be afraid to rinse rock in tap water. Just bring the water to temp and give it a thorough 10 -20 second long rinse getting in all the nooks and crannies. Ive don't this almost on weekly basis for few months getting control on mine.
Will do! Thanks or the advice I really appreciate it :)
This, cleanup crew react better to the tight new growth and can take it back to the rock.
Hopefully they’ll knock the rest out. I’m just a bit sad cause my dwarf ceriths keep climbing on top of a filter caddy and dying. Idk why but they’re all fricken suicidal and letting themselves dry out. I try to push the live ones back in but the snail cemetery is growing.

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully they’ll knock the rest out. I’m just a bit sad cause my dwarf ceriths keep climbing on top of a filter caddy and dying. Idk why but they’re all fricken suicidal and letting themselves dry out. I try to push the live ones back in but the snail cemetery is growing.

I had them in my first ever marine tank, 14 G cube, after the second or third suicide I swore never to get them again, there was a glass lid but with gaps, over ten years ago.

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They absoloutely will. Due diligence is what it has taken me for a good solid 6 months. Finally in new tank my snails, hermits, fish are all scavenging rocks, discs etc., looking for food and keeping things tidy and able to keep up on things.
There's something about a scrub and super fast high power tap water rinse that no algae likes. Doesn't phase coraline and you can see coraline growing in gha spots by lights on next day. Super fast take back.

OP
OP
Casket_Case

Casket_Case

Frags in the Frathouse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SO
There is no final build thread.
The ridding of the algae problem has not gone away.
I know it’s been a while but I just wanted to update and say I did decide to get rid of my tank. I’m a senior in high school, and I’ll be going to college soon. My tank was sucking up money and was becoming unnecessary stress. It was to the point where I hated dealing with it, I hated filling up the ATO. So I got rid of it so I can concentrate on school and work and have more time to be a teenager. I did however get another pet…
5714303E-BD68-498F-B48C-C88A856027CF.jpeg
EDCF69BD-EA12-4983-A06A-0385707CF680.jpeg

His name is Van (Andrew Van Bibber, the dude who invented the grave vault. A very important man in funeral service history.) And he’s super low maintenance, which means I can have a killer pet without breaking the bank and becoming a slave. I might post a link to my build thread on a chameleon forum down the road. But yeah just wanted to update :)

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SO
There is no final build thread.
The ridding of the algae problem has not gone away.
I know it’s been a while but I just wanted to update and say I did decide to get rid of my tank. I’m a senior in high school, and I’ll be going to college soon. My tank was sucking up money and was becoming unnecessary stress. It was to the point where I hated dealing with it, I hated filling up the ATO. So I got rid of it so I can concentrate on school and work and have more time to be a teenager. I did however get another pet…
5714303E-BD68-498F-B48C-C88A856027CF.jpeg
EDCF69BD-EA12-4983-A06A-0385707CF680.jpeg

His name is Van (Andrew Van Bibber, the dude who invented the grave vault. A very important man in funeral service history.) And he’s super low maintenance, which means I can have a killer pet without breaking the bank and becoming a slave. I might post a link to my build thread on a chameleon forum down the road. But yeah just wanted to update :)
Just keep updating here. @Crabs McJones another reptile lover

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back