Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looking good!

ramona

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice shallow, simple tank. Keep up updated with it's progres.
Do you mind sharing the details of your DIY ATO..gravity fed with a solenoid? Thank you.

OP
OP
FailingUpwards

FailingUpwards

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So in reality the DIY ATO is gravity fed from a 5 gallon carboy through a solenoid with 1/4" PTC fittings. Solenoid is rated for 0 PSI and normally closed. Currently running a single float switch (the white pipe seen in the pictures) feeding the RODI water into the AC HOB. Simple enough programming that if we're too low, the solenoid is turned on along with a counter to make sure it doesn't stay on too long. On top of that, using a pill container to cover over the float switch to prevent snail latching as well as preventing oscillations on the float switch by surface agitation. LEDs for denoting which mode it's in (Ready/Fill On/Auto/Alert).

This is the first iteration, I've already identified improvements I would like to make, such as flow sensors for consumption, communication bus interface for controller integration, etc.

Apologies if I'm rather cryptic on this as I am in the electronics design industry and typically my work is owned by others.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 13.3%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 25 41.7%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 24 40.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.3%
Back