Falco Hawkfish?

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for opinions. 2yr established 40B. Current livestock, Banggai, Sixline and YWG/Pistol.
It should be fine. They are a little more aggressive than the flame, but definitely less aggressive than the arc eye.

Quah

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think you should have any issues with that line-up. I'd be cautious if you wanted to add sexy shrimp with a Falco's but everything thing else won't be bothered or should hold its own. I'd recommend a (smallish) Hawkfish just for their personality if nothing else.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice fish!

Falco-Hawkfish.jpg

Eva Rose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hawkfish can really enertain. My pixy hawkish (all spots with no barring) is always everyone's favorite when they see my tank. Hawks love to perch & 'pose'.

OP
OP
NanaReefer

NanaReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seriously considered a Hawkfish for my 40B reef. My concerns are, my 6Line, tanks not covered and my Randalls Pistol Shrimp. Only 2 other fish beside the 6line, Banggai and Yellow Watchman. Any opinions?

Murrel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is not covered......but it is a tech tank and has an inner lip. He really is fairly calm. He is pushy with a new fish for a day or so but after that the Hawkfish just likes to cruise the whole tanks and do what they do best perch and look pretty! I do have many kids come to my house so the whole tank is pretty used to commotion and if they get tired of it they just hide. He was in my 28 nano for about 6 months before I moved everything to the 120. He sure loves the new digs! I had a six line that went off one day and killed most of the fish in my nano so yes that could be an issue. And the more crowded a tank gets the more aggression you will see because of the battle for space.

Have a great night!

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seriously considered a Hawkfish for my 40B reef. My concerns are, my 6Line, tanks not covered and my Randalls Pistol Shrimp. Only 2 other fish beside the 6line, Banggai and Yellow Watchman. Any opinions?
I wouldn't worry about the pistol shrimp. I've kept pistols and hawks together quite a few times without issue.

An open top is of some concern, while not as likely to jump as wrasses and dartfish, they are more likely to jump than anthias and bassists, so that is of some concern.

Sixlines can be big trouble with new additions, so that is more worrisome than the other two concerns.

Jinada

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my Falco Hawkfish ate my cleaner shrimp and, after a week, also tried to eat my YWG. Fortunate enough to be looking at my tank when it unfolded so I was able to scare it off and isolate my Goby. Planning on upgrading my tank and will NOT be including my HF in the transfer.

thebluemonster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My spotted hawkfish killed a cleaner shrimp, clown, six line wrasse...been trying to catch him and today I noticed Icant find it anywhere. If it doesn't return IM fine as its been a pain in the butt not to mention I haven't been able to get any small fish for the longest time. Good riddance hawkfish

Back