Falling urchin?

Kapachuka3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a white pincushion urchin and sometimes when I feed my fish he falls for no reason. I think he does it on purpose just because it’s easier than climbing down the glass for him. Anybody have any idea?
Shakatooka pooka Lechuga?

OP
OP
Kapachuka3

Kapachuka3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My white pincushion has never done this. Is there enough algae in the tank for it? Is it losing spines at all?

Wut?
I feed him basically every day, there’s not really a lot of algae in the tank at all. And the shakatooka pooka thing I say just to mess with people haha. He lost a few spines but he’s doing good and moving around after a water change. I realized that urchins don’t do good in aquariums and I won’t get any more after this one. They should stay in the ocean.

Manny’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I feed him basically every day, there’s not really a lot of algae in the tank at all. And the shakatooka pooka thing I say just to mess with people haha. He lost a few spines but he’s doing good and moving around after a water change. I realized that urchins don’t do good in aquariums and I won’t get any more after this one. They should stay in the ocean.
boom shakalaka. Forgetta mi kata.
Booga booga mi tortuga
Saca caca mucha caca
Gatzui patooi
Shakatooka? No no no. Mi pooka pooka papoy.

T-J

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you putting sheets of nori or something in the tank?
I've never directly feed an urchin. I just let it graze on what's in there, along with all the coralline algae it could possibly want.

OP
OP
Kapachuka3

Kapachuka3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you putting sheets of nori or something in the tank?
I've never directly feed an urchin. I just let it graze on what's in there, along with all the coralline algae it could possibly want.
I usually feed him whenever he goes up to the top of the tank and then I wet the seaweed and push it down the glass until it’s near his mouth. I make sure to not try to touch it.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 14.8%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 86 48.9%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 54 30.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.8%
Back