Fallow period and algae

Hilltopreef90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m seeing a lot of green algae on my rocks and recently washed it of a few snail and conch that looked like lettuce leaves growing on them.
I have several snails, shrimp emerald crabs and a tuxedo urchin. Is there anything else I can add to help the algae not get out of control?
I started a refugium with Chaeto but not sure it’ll work since my last batch of chaeto died.
I can’t go through another uncontrollable algae bloom . I’m doing weekly water changes 10-20%
Any advice ??
I just started my fallow period so it’ll be a couple months before I can add some algae eating fish

chipchipbro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you maybe should start one thread and sum up all your questions and your actual situation with pictures.
I am confused from all the threads you started with different questions.

I think that would help with the big picture of your tank and people can help you way better.

Keep it easy :)

just my 2 cents

OP
OP
Hilltopreef90

Hilltopreef90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you maybe should start one thread and sum up all your questions and your actual situation with pictures.
I am confused from all the threads you started with different questions.

I think that would help with the big picture of your tank and people can help you way better.

Keep it easy :)

just my 2 cents
what size is your tank? also pictures would help
90 gallons

R0L0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could possibly put more snails in I'm not sure exactly how many you have currently. I recommend turbo snails cheap big and get rid of algae well. If you have small parts you need algae out of try astrea snails.

Back