OP
M

MakeSomeWaffles

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally would not increase the temp. That just lowers oxygen for fish already breathing heavily and lets the parasites reproduce faster.

Herbs seems like a waste of time. I would have tried the peroxide salt med if anything.
That’s a good point re: temp. I want to see what happens after a few days before I turn the temp back down.. out of sheer despair tbh.

you know, a few of my buddies swear by this herbtana stuff, I agree it’s probably junk (and made my tank smell like one of those gypsy teas) but I guess it can’t hurt.. (hopefully).

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s a good point re: temp. I want to see what happens after a few days before I turn the temp back down.. out of sheer despair tbh.

you know, a few of my buddies swear by this herbtana stuff, I agree it’s probably junk (and made my tank smell like one of those gypsy teas) but I guess it can’t hurt.. (hopefully).
+100 on not raising the temperature with marine ich. That is a holdover from people dealing with FW ich, but that is a different parasite. If you are working the ich management scenario, hold the tank temperature at 78 or 79 degrees - don't give the ich organism any help in reproduction.

Jay

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 27 26.7%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 35 34.7%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 17 16.8%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 19 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.0%
Back