Fallow

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jamers442
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Jamers442

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 18, 2024
Messages
184
Reaction score
78
Location
Newcastle Upon Tyne
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, I'am going fallow for 80 days after losing my fish to what I believed to be velvet, I still have softie corals in my DT, I am thinking of getting a red sea reefer 525 g2, can I transfer everything I have in the DT including water during the fallow period to the new tank?
 
when it's time to add the fish back: simply add them, nothing will be degraded in the active surface area during the tank transfer, and no matter how long the fallow period is, the new tank will accept all the fish added just fine without a cycle.
 
Thanks for your reply i didnt QT before adding fish in the past I have a QT tank now so when its time to add fish they are definitely going in the QT for 30 days observation first haha so your saying rinse my sand before putting into the new tank?
 
yes. be sure and read the thread so important details such as light re-ramping in the new tank are covered, it's the only active tank transfer thread on the entire internet and we have perfect results for nine years.

especially in a tank as big as the one you have, be prepared well before you begin. all jobs in that thread above were handled the same way so it will be easy steps to memorize. expect several hours of sand rinsing for big tanks but the results are perfect as you can see. skipping the rinse is not safe, 10+ examples are on page one for wrecked tanks who didn't rinse.
 
curious about red sea: have you seen how they treat customers who have their tanks break after 3-4 years by the hundreds? it's the worst customer service I've ever seen in reefing, a true dilemma for those buyers. I recommend not buying a new tank from red sea, get another large tank maker you can trust.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/may-we-please-discuss-seam-breaks-in-2-3-yr-tanks.981828/

it's important that buyers know how bad red sea treated the people that trusted them in 2019
 
cade

waterbox

are top two alternates recommended here. for UK, I'd pick anything available besides red sea
 
I'd pick a plastic water trough for horses before I'd patronize rs with any dime :)

there will be good options for UK though /have to check with peers there
 
I'd pick a plastic water trough for horses before I'd patronize rs with any dime :)

there will be good options for UK though /have to check with peers there
Hi mate ive went for D-D 1500
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4480.png
    IMG_4480.png
    284.5 KB · Views: 78
Wow that is sharp looking
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 11 6.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 28 15.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 59 33.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 28 15.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new