Fans for Evaporative cooling?

aherre07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am wanting to add some PC fans to blow across the top of my tank or sump to help cool my tank, currently running close to 81 degrees. Tank is a 240 gallon tank and is 72x30x24. My question is how many fans can be wired together and powered from the 24VDC power supply available on th EB832 on an apex? How would I go about wiring them together? Lastly what would be some good fans to use that can be run quietly?

peterj66

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From Neptunes homepage I get that each 24v outlet van supply 30w. A typical 24v 120mm fan from Noctua consumes 3w so that would be enough for 10 fans. I used one 120mm fan to cool a 100 gallon tank during one of the warmest summers ever with an average day temperature of 30 degrees celsius. To connect multiple fans you would connect them in parallell

OP
OP
aherre07

aherre07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the suggestions and replies I will definitely be looking into those items. I just want to make sure that I wire them up correctly, I will wire the wires of each fan to the cable suggested from BRS, correct?

Reefer Reboot

F.V.P.!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both the fans and the Apex plug have a black and a red wire coming from them. Just connect the red to the reds and the black to the blacks.

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.2%
Back