OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Equipment punishment over... bring on the coral pics again!

CC Irish Table
4132D52E-39D6-4251-983D-DD65CAAC0120.jpeg

WWC Allstar
19BAE7F7-F8B9-408B-8736-26A582DEFB48.jpeg

CC Disney Jr
D34D8A6C-822F-48CB-B9B2-DB8AFDDE1228.jpeg

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
either one you like more? I just saw how huge that media looked like compared to the Reborn I am using.
I would use reborn personally. I only use their media because their reactor runs at 6.0 and reborn can get a little mushy at that ph. Reborn has trace elements in it as well as Mg. Dastaco media is just calcium and alkalinity.

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ty are you still using Potassium Chloride as a dip? Curious what you've found it work for and where you get it.

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ty are you still using Potassium Chloride as a dip? Curious what you've found it work for and where you get it.
I am. It pretty much kills everything but red bugs, white bugs, and black bugs. Only interceptor really knocks those out.

I buy a large bag of water softener pellets at Home Depot.

Sweet Reef Corals

SweetReefOH on IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I am. It pretty much kills everything but red bugs, white bugs, and black bugs. Only interceptor really knocks those out.

I buy a large bag of water softener pellets at Home Depot.
Now now, I have to jump in with a correction here....the home made Bayer (now called Bio Advanced) recipe dipped for 10 minutes will totally wipe out white bugs. I know because I’ve experimented with them to see what dip will kill them. Bayer and Dr G’s is the only thing that wiped them out completely. I know it’s a strong pesticide, but I can’t take the chance of ANYTHING getting into my system! Just have to make sure you thoroughly rinse after dipping!

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now now, I have to jump in with a correction here....the home made Bayer (now called Bio Advanced) recipe dipped for 10 minutes will totally wipe out white bugs. I know because I’ve experimented with them to see what dip will kill them. Bayer and Dr G’s is the only thing that wiped them out completely. I know it’s a strong pesticide, but I can’t take the chance of ANYTHING getting into my system! Just have to make sure you thoroughly rinse after dipping!
Thanks for the add on that bud. I might have to get some bio advanced bayer.

Sweet Reef Corals

SweetReefOH on IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Thanks for the add on that bud. I might have to get some bio advanced bayer.
One other thing about Bayer that I love but forgot to mention is how incredibly gentle it is on your coral. Ive dipped numerous types of acros, even smoothies, and have seen no I’ll effects at all. Unlike some of the harsher dips out there. The only downside is the milky water that inhibits seeing what came off the frag you dipped. I’ve remedied this a little by using a clear container and shining a strong flashlight down thru the top and viewing what is laying on the bottom of the container, from the bottom. It actually works pretty well....

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 50 25.6%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 49 25.1%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 44 22.6%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 48 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back