OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you managed to pull pink out of just about every rainbow tenuis there is....

then you got a pink highlighter tenuis, and it's green ?!? What's kind of sorcery is this?
Oddly my backup one is pink as can be. Similar Params…
5BDF54C9-F23A-41A4-83D3-FB0A06B83B58.jpeg

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Softie Saturdays?
Fire Run GIF by Slotomania Official

37C389ED-D091-4424-B1CF-B691E91EFDEC.jpeg
8B94FC91-08DD-4AA5-AF7C-D4AF6136BF2A.jpeg
So I've had this cued up for a minute but wasn't sure if I should post as not to upset the stick heads and all:D
I have to ask though! Are you running ab+ schedule on those shrooms as well as what kind of par are they sitting in?

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've had this cued up for a minute but wasn't sure if I should post as not to upset the stick heads and all:D
I have to ask though! Are you running ab+ schedule on those shrooms as well as what kind of par are they sitting in?
You gotta keep the softie business to the weekends only. They’ll come after us otherwise!

They are actually under my Reefbreeders V2+ fixture at about 300-350 par last I checked. I would say about a 14k spectrum though those shots were under blues only.

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You gotta keep the softie business to the weekends only. They’ll come after us otherwise!

They are actually under my Reefbreeders V2+ fixture at about 300-350 par last I checked. I would say about a 14k spectrum though those shots were under blues only.
Oh man:D
Just so happens in running v2+ over shroom lagoon! You could always just drop your schedule in my build thread like nothing ever happened. It won't be wierd or anything hahaha.

michael-scott-steve-carell.gif
mr-deeds-very-sneaky-sir.gif
qAb6ly.gif

mattgsa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Do you even have a section in your tank with less than 300 par?

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you even have a section in your tank with less than 300 par?
In the frag tanks you’d be hard pressed to find under 250 unless you’re in the deep corners. The display has about 250 on the sandbed in most areas besides the corners/ends.

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, last night, the perfect storm of the 3 things happened and allowed my alk to drop from 8.4 dKh to 6.2 dKh.

1) Alkatronic sprung a leak in a line so I went ahead and replaced all the tubing… it was overdue anyways. Then it got stuck during the firmware update so out of commission right now

2) CO2 in my cylinder ran out for my calcium reactor

3) My Kamoer peristaltic pump tubing sprung a leak too and I had to replace it

The perfect storm of not knowing what my alk is and with the Kamoer pump not pumping, my ph in the Calcium Reactor stayed the same so I didn’t realize I was out of CO2 and that no supplementation was occurring for my alk/Ca. Oh boy!

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, that sucks I'm sorry. How are you going to bring it back up without shocking the corals? You may want to get a Hanna checker just in case of such an eventuality.
Thanks Matt. I brought it right back up. I’ve found if the drop occurred in the day, that bringing it right back up is not too stressful for the acros. Now if it was that way for months and I brought it up almost 2 dKh, then I’d have problems.

I have a checker… that’s how I knew. I don’t leave it up to any auto-tester alone. You don’t end up keeping acro tanks alive for 10 years without redundancies. I have manual tests for everything and spot check.

I also have backup equipment… backup Radions, backup gyres, backup MP60, backup Return pump, backup CO2 tanks, replacement tunings and filters preordered for when I have a leak or need to replace peristaltic tubing, replacement peristaltic heads, backup generators, and even a backup Calcium reactor. A tall order of redundancies and backups keeps an acro tank running. :D

mattgsa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Matt. I brought it right back up. I’ve found if the drop occurred in the day, that bringing it right back up is not too stressful for the acros. Now if it was that way for months and I brought it up almost 2 dKh, then I’d have problems.

I have a checker… that’s how I knew. I don’t leave it up to any auto-tester alone. You don’t end up keeping acro tanks alive for 10 years without redundancies. I have manual tests for everything and spot check.

I also have backup equipment… backup Radions, backup gyres, backup MP60, backup Return pump, backup CO2 tanks, replacement tunings and filters preordered for when I have a leak or need to replace peristaltic tubing, replacement peristaltic heads, backup generators, and even a backup Calcium reactor. A tall order of redundancies and backups keeps an acro tank running. :D
That is why you are the master.

were not worthy waynes world GIF

Last edited:

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 53 31.5%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 45 26.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 56 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back