OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Goodness, you would have thought I died since the last post.

Close, but no cigar. I’m officially a dad of 3 little frags now. 5 years old, 2 years old, and officially one month old yesterday. My daughter joined the crew and I’ve already started to teach her how to tell the alkalinity of the water by just taste alone. She’s +/- 2.0 dKh but I’ll get her fine-tuned before her first birthday.

I’ve been a bit busy this summer going straight into the school year so I do apologize for not posting during that timeframe. But I wanted to update everyone to what I’ve been up to besides you know… adding another rugrat to the crew.

FarmerTy officially is a full fledged vendor. Yup, you heard me right. My name is emblazoned in neon lights on the coral boulevard of vendors.

To give a quick backstory, one of my great friends and I in Austin have been talking forever about joining forces and opening up a coral farm. He owns a local fish store in Austin so he has all the contacts for importing the choicest pieces. And as a self proclaimed Farmer, I said I’d grow anything he brings in.

So we made it a reality this past summer and got some commercial space and setup some tanks to get our adventure started. Between the lightning and thunder of our Import and Aquaculture skills, we aim to fill the tanks will some true gems.

So as of today, we are making the official announcement of the grand opening of Black Label Aquatics. We are official gold sponsors of Reef2reef and will be having a great Halloween sale to kick off the festivities. Our focus will still be aquacultured acros but now we can offer a variety of torches, gonis, mushrooms, anemones, and other LPS as well to round out our selections for all reefers to be able to find something that might catch their salty eyes.

I plan to still stay active on my forum and not blitz you with lame vendor stuff all the time, though the occasional check out the website may pop up… remember, I got 3 mouths to feed now.
Hungry Full House GIF

Obligatory coral pic to let you know I didn’t let everything die over the summer.
0D347586-ECA8-43BA-BF14-07CD3B89719D.jpeg

36666E11-9E38-4107-A727-0774678790AA.jpeg

69BFAFBE-899B-47FD-8E23-6BAC27379059.jpeg

Jimbo662

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Goodness, you would have thought I died since the last post.

Close, but no cigar. I’m officially a dad of 3 little frags now. 5 years old, 2 years old, and officially one month old yesterday. My daughter joined the crew and I’ve already started to teach her how to tell the alkalinity of the water by just taste alone. She’s +/- 2.0 dKh but I’ll get her fine-tuned before her first birthday.

I’ve been a bit busy this summer going straight into the school year so I do apologize for not posting during that timeframe. But I wanted to update everyone to what I’ve been up to besides you know… adding another rugrat to the crew.

FarmerTy officially is a full fledged vendor. Yup, you heard me right. My name is emblazoned in neon lights on the coral boulevard of vendors.

To give a quick backstory, one of my great friends and I in Austin have been talking forever about joining forces and opening up a coral farm. He owns a local fish store in Austin so he has all the contacts for importing the choicest pieces. And as a self proclaimed Farmer, I said I’d grow anything he brings in.

So we made it a reality this past summer and got some commercial space and setup some tanks to get our adventure started. Between the lightning and thunder of our Import and Aquaculture skills, we aim to fill the tanks will some true gems.

So as of today, we are making the official announcement of the grand opening of Black Label Aquatics. We are official gold sponsors of Reef2reef and will be having a great Halloween sale to kick off the festivities. Our focus will still be aquacultured acros but now we can offer a variety of torches, gonis, mushrooms, anemones, and other LPS as well to round out our selections for all reefers to be able to find something that might catch their salty eyes.

I plan to still stay active on my forum and not blitz you with lame vendor stuff all the time, though the occasional check out the website may pop up… remember, I got 3 mouths to feed now.
Hungry Full House GIF

Obligatory coral pic to let you know I didn’t let everything die over the summer.
0D347586-ECA8-43BA-BF14-07CD3B89719D.jpeg

36666E11-9E38-4107-A727-0774678790AA.jpeg

69BFAFBE-899B-47FD-8E23-6BAC27379059.jpeg
Congrats on all the new ventures this year!!! Didn't know #3 was on the way!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 147 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back