OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which red slime remover do you use? I have read some can cause real issues with sensitive SPS. Thanks for the reply!
I've used chemiclean multiple times in the past. I can't say I ever saw a direct response to it ever from my acros but that maybe doesn't mean they couldn't be sensitive to it.

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some new fish that came in today hanging out in QT.

Golden Butterflyfish and majestic angel. I was supposed to be getting a scribbled angel as well but the wholesaler goofed on the order. It'll be in next week.

f727b7148714501ae36b0079ddc9a7fa.jpg

Both fish were eating within 5 minutes out of the bags and don't care at all about my creepy wandering presence on the other side of the glass

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice looking fish. I've never seen the scribbled angelfish before, I had to google what they look like. They look pretty neat.

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice looking fish. I've never seen the scribbled angelfish before, I had to google what they look like. They look pretty neat.
Thanks! Yeah, I really wanted a bandit but then realised I didn't win the lottery this year so I opted for the consolation prize, a scribbled. [emoji23]

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ty, I'm thinking about changing out my Fiji pink sand because I'm tired of it blowing around. Your sand looks big enough so it doesn't happen. Do you know what type of sand you have?

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ty, I'm thinking about changing out my Fiji pink sand because I'm tired of it blowing around. Your sand looks big enough so it doesn't happen. Do you know what type of sand you have?
Oh man, you have to use Tropic Eden Reefflakes. It's the best sand you can get. Won't blow around, small enough that burrowers can still use it, and comes so clean you don't have to hardly even rinse it.

It'll be the sand I'll use on any tank now and in the future.

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, that was the sand I was looking to get. I will order some tonight and probably swap it out with a big water change.

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just saw him eat nori and pellets tonight. I'm hoping that's why he is so fat and not because he's been devouring acro polyps. [emoji18]

That's awesome to hear! Are your other new fish still doing well? Tomorrow is my big sand swap with the reef flakes. I have a feeling it's going to be a real pain.

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's awesome to hear! Are your other new fish still doing well? Tomorrow is my big sand swap with the reef flakes. I have a feeling it's going to be a real pain.
Yes, they are going through QT swimmingly. All great eaters so I at least got through that hurdle.

That really scares me big time to swap sandbeds in running tanks. I hope it goes smoothly for you!

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful fish! I love the pattern on the clown fish.
Yeah, I've never been a designer clownfish guy but I got these two from a guy that I bought out his tank and couldn't bear to sell them. The ultra white doesn't come out in the pictures but they are bright white!

bubbaque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I seen somewhere in this thread you said you have urchins. What type do you have and would you recommend them?

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I seen somewhere in this thread you said you have urchins. What type do you have and would you recommend them?
Tuxedo urchins, they rock man. Its like the reefflakes version of the sand but for CUC. Awesome! I have 4.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 173 67.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back