FarmerTy's 215-gallon SPS Tank

Discussion in 'Member Tanks' started by FarmerTy, Jul 22, 2015.

1. FarmerTy

FarmerTy Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Partner Member 2019

Some new fish that came in today hanging out in QT.

Golden Butterflyfish and majestic angel. I was supposed to be getting a scribbled angel as well but the wholesaler goofed on the order. It'll be in next week.

[​IMG]

Both fish were eating within 5 minutes out of the bags and don't care at all about my creepy wandering presence on the other side of the glass

2. bubbaque

bubbaque Never enough SPS R2R Supporter Reef Tank 365 Build Thread Contributor

Nice looking fish. I've never seen the scribbled angelfish before, I had to google what they look like. They look pretty neat.

3. FarmerTy

Thanks! Yeah, I really wanted a bandit but then realised I didn't win the lottery this year so I opted for the consolation prize, a scribbled.

fedeuma and Bronc like this.
  4. bubbaque

Btw, has your emperor started to eat prepared food yet?

5. FarmerTy

I saw him nibble at some mysis the other day. Still more of a rock grazer but he's super fat so eating good off the rocks for now.

bubbaque likes this.
  6. bubbaque

Ty, I'm thinking about changing out my Fiji pink sand because I'm tired of it blowing around. Your sand looks big enough so it doesn't happen. Do you know what type of sand you have?

7. FarmerTy

Oh man, you have to use Tropic Eden Reefflakes. It's the best sand you can get. Won't blow around, small enough that burrowers can still use it, and comes so clean you don't have to hardly even rinse it.

It'll be the sand I'll use on any tank now and in the future.

bubbaque likes this.
  8. bubbaque

Thanks, that was the sand I was looking to get. I will order some tonight and probably swap it out with a big water change.

FarmerTy likes this.
  9. FarmerTy

Just saw him eat nori and pellets tonight. I'm hoping that's why he is so fat and not because he's been devouring acro polyps.

bubbaque likes this.
  10. bubbaque

That's awesome to hear! Are your other new fish still doing well? Tomorrow is my big sand swap with the reef flakes. I have a feeling it's going to be a real pain.

11. FarmerTy

Yes, they are going through QT swimmingly. All great eaters so I at least got through that hurdle.

That really scares me big time to swap sandbeds in running tanks. I hope it goes smoothly for you!

bubbaque likes this.
  12. FarmerTy

Fish photo dump![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

13. FarmerTy

Coral photo dump![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

najer, mdbannister and bubbaque like this.
  14. bubbaque

Beautiful fish! I love the pattern on the clown fish.

15. FarmerTy

Frag tank photo dump!
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

najer and bubbaque like this.
  16. FarmerTy

Yeah, I've never been a designer clownfish guy but I got these two from a guy that I bought out his tank and couldn't bear to sell them. The ultra white doesn't come out in the pictures but they are bright white!

aabjones888 and bubbaque like this.
  17. bubbaque

I seen somewhere in this thread you said you have urchins. What type do you have and would you recommend them?

18. FarmerTy

Tuxedo urchins, they rock man. Its like the reefflakes version of the sand but for CUC. Awesome! I have 4.

19. bubbaque

Love the analogy, lol. Never had an urchin before and was trying to find a good type to get.

20. FarmerTy

Its the only type I get. They stay smaller and devour everything except red turf algae, ulva, and bryopsis. Other than those, when they pass by, you'll just see rock when they are done.

najer, RUNVS and bubbaque like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted