OP
OP
S

stefanm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, ive got it all together, fully tested and working!

It's going to be mounted under the tank, I have a ton of space there as my sump is in my garden, but still storage space is a premium, so it's going where the dodgy power strip is, I have some scrap left over from a client's kitchen, the wooden piece won't be used for the shelf as it's warped, I have more laminated ply though I can't get a fine toothed blade to cut it so it might be a bit rough unless I have the patience to plane it, not going to be seen anyways...

IMG_20190222_225526.jpg
IMG_20190222_225543.jpg

OP
OP
S

stefanm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got it in situ today, will set up the sump lights to run tonight, along with the wave makers and return pump which are on nc so will be on anyway.

IMG_20190224_182211.jpg

Have to sort this mess out, I've got a nice little wire tidy thingy, with breaks so I can pull the wires where needed. Going to pick up some IEC inline connectors so I can remove my skimmer for cleaning and quick disconnect anything else in the sump seeing as I have a bunch of wired male plugs left over from the UK.

IMG_20190224_184044.jpg
IMG_20190224_183949.jpg

OP
OP
S

stefanm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got the pi running on the tank now for 3 days.

Heating and cooling works well, looking forward to version 3.0 with hysteresis.

Timers and switching on/off relays working flawlessly.

Dosers, I've just set up the alkalinity yesterday, the jebao pumps all spin anticlockwise, there supposed to rotate clockwise, I guess I can swap the lugs around to get them in the right direction. Secondly they seem to pump fluid way too fast, I currently need to dose 20ml of alkalinity daily, I've set the pump to 60% and to dose for 2 seconds hourly, this doesn't seem right to me, I understood these pumps for around 1 ml per minute.

Any suggestions?

OP
OP
S

stefanm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After a bit of research it seems the jebao pump heads aren't really for small accurate dosing, there controller counts the number of revolutions to get to 100ml for calibration, a small workaround would be to add a airline valve to reduce output, shouldn't affect the motor, eventually I intend to get kamoer motors and swap these out.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 76 44.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 79 46.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.4%
Back