Fastening mesh to overflow

  • Thread starter Thread starter Maho.B
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Maho.B

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 3, 2024
Messages
398
Reaction score
214
Location
Minnetonka, MN.
What state or country do you live in
Minnesota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I'm fighting a nasty outbreak of Aptasia (multiplying at an insane level) and the three attempts to add predators (Berghia twice, peppermint shrimp once) have all failed due to them going through the slots in the overflow and down into the reef mat only to die. I'm going to order more peppermint shrimp and found 1/8" plastic mesh at BRS that I think will do the trick of keeping the shrimp from going through. I'm just not sure how to "fasten " the mesh? I have Red Sea tank and the overflow almost goes across the whole back. I want to be able to clean it regularly so it has to be able to go on and off pretty easily too. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.
 
You must be getting some small shrimp. I keep peppermints in two tanks and never had a problem with them going into the over flow.
PXL_20240910_001239266.jpg
 
Upvote 0
You must be getting some small shrimp. I keep peppermints in two tanks and never had a problem with them going into the over flow.
PXL_20240910_001239266.jpg
Yeah they were pretty small, 1/2" or so. All 9 ended up in the reef mat within 2 days. I'm learning there is a season to them and only collected in the colder months so really small now, larger towards the end of the season in May. At the rate of Aptasia multiplying if I wait till May I won't have any coral left!
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new