Fat pink tube

dwag1122

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 20, 2024
Messages
55
Reaction score
23
Location
lake city
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know what this is? LFS owner and I have been watching it for a week and have no idea, when it open fully, it gets out about an extra quarter inch. No tentacles or anything. It also reacts and will retract when touched

IMG_6996.jpeg
 
Anyone know what this is? LFS owner and I have been watching it for a week and have no idea, when it open fully, it gets out about an extra quarter inch. No tentacles or anything. It also reacts and will retract when touched

IMG_6996.jpeg
Assuming it has two openings on it somewhere, I would guess a solitary tunicate - a harmless filter-feeder if so.
 
Assuming it has two openings on it somewhere, I would guess a solitary tunicate - a harmless filter-feeder if so.
Yea, there’s a secondary opening just behind the first. I put it on a rock in refugium and it seems to like it there
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 18 20.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 30.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new