Fauna Marin Rebicotic Bacteria

schooncw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just purchased ReBiotic. Most of the rock in my 120 is 25 or so years old and I know nutrients are bound in the rock.
A trusted LFS told me it would work wonders in "unbinding-for lack of a better word-PO and helping with nitrate.
Tough to get exacting instructions but I read to "bypass" or turn off media reactors. Think it would be OK w bio pellets but I run Chemipure and GFO.....wondering if I can discontinue for 6 hours, like they recommend w protein skimmers?
Any feedback out there?

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run clearfx pro and use this with it with no issues.... but mine is just bagged and sumped. I did find that I have better results when I dose between rolls for my rollermat (or open the bypass for that).
Happy Adam Scott GIF by Sky

schooncw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After exhausting my container of Rebiotic-with some interruptions- in my 120 gallon, w very old rock, I think it had a most positive effect on my system.
It's hard to quantify, as I am always tweaking something but the rock looks better and my nutrients have also fallen dramatically. In short, I would recommend this product.

Jesse571

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone has experience of using Fauna Marin Rebiotic bacteria?

ReBiotic is a 100% natural bacteria-based product that contains a unique mixture of bacteria strains. The addition of these special strains help replenish bacterial stability and repair existing bacteria films that have been damaged by sudden system changes or "Old Tank Syndrome". ReBiotic bacteria also improves overall water quality and health of live rock without the risk of alternating water chemistry, disrupting deposits, or growing unsightly algae.

I have used for 3 months now and just do a once a month of the product. Definitely saw a difference and will continue to use once a month. Just follow directions.

Jesse571

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

ReBiotic is a 100% natural bacteria-based product that contains a unique mixture of bacteria strains. The addition of these special strains help replenish bacterial stability and repair existing bacteria films that have been damaged by sudden system changes or "Old Tank Syndrome". ReBiotic bacteria also improves overall water quality and health of live rock without the risk of alternating water chemistry, disrupting deposits, or growing unsightly algae.

Works great on my tank! Leaves water crystal clear and sand and rock super clean.

Samnz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all. I have been using this product and I am on week 2 still. Just wondering will this help to combat cynobacteria or do I use bacter7 as I don't want fast changes in no3 and po4 that will shock the corals.

Jesse571

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPDATE :I have been using this for about 6 months now and it keeps my water and sand pristine. Rocks are free of all the alage and sludge that was built up on them. Haven't had to clean my glass in months. Now only doing this once a month.

adiG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anybody had any luck with battling dinoflaggelates with this product. I have small cell amphidinium and iv tried UV, siphoning the sand bed through a filter sock daily, 3 day black out and Fauna marine bacto therapy.

3 day black out seemed to work the best as the dinos receded for about 4 weeks before coming back

Any advice?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back