Favia attacking Acan

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ian_B
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Ian_B

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 1, 2020
Messages
33
Reaction score
19
Location
Denver
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These two corals have been next to each other for a while but I just had to move them yesterday because they were getting buried by a pistol shrimp. Apparently I placed them a little too close to each other and woke up to this. Just found it interesting and thought I’d share. Though I do feel a little bad about the Acan. It was almost dead a year ago and had bounced back pretty well until this. I’ll see if I can save it when I get home later today.

IMG_4695.jpeg
 
These two corals have been next to each other for a while but I just had to move them yesterday because they were getting buried by a pistol shrimp. Apparently I placed them a little too close to each other and woke up to this. Just found it interesting and thought I’d share. Though I do feel a little bad about the Acan. It was almost dead a year ago and had bounced back pretty well until this. I’ll see if I can save it when I get home later today.

IMG_4695.jpeg
Good luck on the one of the surviving separate as soon as possible. That poor coral is covered and being lit up
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new