Favia coral and sandbed

mr.lordacan

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 28, 2022
Messages
205
Reaction score
98
Location
florence
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
I purchased a dragon soul favia ~1 week ago and is currently sitting on my sandbed. From what I could tell online, they do well on the sand and are generally happy. Unfortunately, I have a pink spotted goby who seems to enjoy dropping sand into the polyps. I couldn’t find much online about whether favia are efficient at removing sand from their polyps, or if I’ll have to assist with cleaning it/find a new spot for the favia? Any help is appreciated!
B72185A4-675E-49D1-BFE3-EEEF64F8D5A5.jpeg
 
I would keep it low but maybe on a small chunk of rock to keep the sand out. I do believe that will become an issue
Okay, thanks. I’ve been trying to keep it far from others cause I’ve heard they get long sweepers. Luckily I got some spare dry rock from when I set my tank up. I’ll chip some and see if I can get a suitable piece!
 
They do well on the sand and shed occasional sand grains but constant sand will be a stressor

99943607-88D9-48BA-A296-55C1594F85BE.jpeg
 
They do well on the sand and shed occasional sand grains but constant sand will be a stressor

99943607-88D9-48BA-A296-55C1594F85BE.jpeg
Thanks, and yeah - first time in a week but I’ll raise it to be safe!
 
Thanks, and yeah - first time in a week but I’ll raise it to be safe!
You can even place it on a 2-3” frag disk and raise it just above the sand bed with a short piece of pvc pipe. That little beast is surely going to grow.
 
You can even place it on a 2-3” frag disk and raise it just above the sand bed with a short piece of pvc pipe. That little beast is surely going to grow.
Got carried away and gave it its own little island lol. Just gave the rock a quick rinse in RODI
 

Attachments

  • 888055A6-F790-4133-8C45-63F1656B1DE0.jpeg
    888055A6-F790-4133-8C45-63F1656B1DE0.jpeg
    236.4 KB · Views: 255

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 15 53.6%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new