Favia Growth Log/Showcase

Rifts2Reefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have many Favia pieces in my tank, but here's some development shots of the RRC Spicy Lemon frag I got earlier this year!
Definitely looking to add a Favia of the Gods, Apple Jack, and JF Gold Rush to the collection somewhere in the near future.

Interested to see what y'all have in your collections as well!

March. 7th
20201005_000435.jpg

April. 2nd
20201005_000607.jpg

October. 4th
IMG_20201004_234938_308.jpg

OP
OP
Rifts2Reefs

Rifts2Reefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks amazing! So did you put the frag plug on a tile? Is that to allow for future fragging?

Yeah, not sure what I'm going to do once it grows over the whole plate though lol
Will see if I can find another fragging plate that's at least double the size of the current one.

OP
OP
Rifts2Reefs

Rifts2Reefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow that's good growth! What par you have it at?

Not sure, don't have a Par reader haha
It's at the bottom of my tank, as well as partially in a shaded area.
I'm running 2 AI Prime 16HDs (AB+ schedule @ 50%) about 9" off the surface of my tank, which is 13" tall.
Not sure if that's enough to provide a estimate of what the par could possibly be.

What I will mention is; I feed the piece quite well, twice a week with minced Mysis mixed with Reef Roids. I try to get a piece of food in each mouth.

Triple.T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure, don't have a Par reader haha
It's at the bottom of my tank, as well as partially in a shaded area.
I'm running 2 AI Prime 16HDs (AB+ schedule @ 50%) about 9" off the surface of my tank, which is 13" tall.
Not sure if that's enough to provide a estimate of what the par could possibly be.

What I will mention is; I feed the piece quite well, twice a week with minced Mysis mixed with Reef Roids. I try to get a piece of food in each mouth.

I run the same 2 lights on the same schedule in a 26g..just a lot higher. What thrives for me is gonipora and torch corals. All my mushrooms love it.

So yes your reply was very useful information. I use the hard flex mount, how about you?

OP
OP
Rifts2Reefs

Rifts2Reefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run the same 2 lights on the same schedule in a 26g..just a lot higher. What thrives for me is gonipora and torch corals. All my mushrooms love it.

So yes your reply was very useful information. I use the hard flex mount, how about you?

Nice! Do find any light spillage with having your lights higher?
I'm using the silver fixed arm mounts. Looks quite nice at night, when the blue glow is reflecting off the silver arms and white pucks.

Triple.T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! Do find any light spillage with having your lights higher?
I'm using the silver fixed arm mounts. Looks quite nice at night, when the blue glow is reflecting off the silver arms and white pucks.

I meant higher ab+ light schedule, that's my fault for not clarifying. My lights are 10" off water surface. I have a lot of light spillage behind and on both sides of the tank.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 22 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

• Other.

Back