Favia growth over 11 months.

  • Thread starter Thread starter PedroYoung
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

PedroYoung

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 12, 2014
Messages
2,082
Reaction score
2,778
Location
Chelsea, AL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! Lighting and feeding?
Lighting is AI Hydra 26's set to max out at 50% blues 18% white and small amounts of everything else. I feed about once a week, mix of PE Mysis, Oyster feast, Celanus, and whatever else is around.
 
Thanks! How far is the coral below the light? Curious as I have a couple of favia's and I'm not sure on placement.
I keep my lights about 14" above the water and the favia is about 4" off the bottom of 18" deep tank. Different favia's like different lighting though. I usually move them around until they seem happy (or if they don't complain when I first place them I leave them alone).
 
I know this is old, but doesn't this look more like a Micromussa/Acan than a favia? I ask because I wonder if Micromussa are faster growing than favia (I think so).
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new