Favia health problems

TerraVlog

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 4, 2025
Messages
32
Reaction score
17
Location
Poland
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I had a Favia coral for about a year, it was growing nicely but then suddenly my KH dropped from 8 to 5. I slowly raised it back up, and I didn’t notice any changes because the KH both dropped and rose gradually (I ran out of KH solution and didn’t notice it falling). The only thing that changed is that the Favia (shown in the photo) faded in some spots, and a corner of it died off, where algae has now grown. The damage appeared overnight and hasn’t gotten better or worse since. The coral still extends its polyps in the evening as usual, but I’m wondering whether that KH drop caused its health problems or if maybe a fish damaged it? Also, should I be worried and do something about it, or just leave it and let it recover on its own? The KH drop happened about a month ago.

20250506_162108.jpg 20250506_161857.jpg 20250506_161842.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new