When to Move up New Green Slimer

Another of my brains in my 150.
20251021_142003.jpg
How long did it take to get that big?
 
I agree with those who say higher light corals like sps can go right up into high light spots. If they’re coming from that; they spent what a day, day and half in darkness. They can take it and in my opinion is less stressful for them. Now maybe not your highest light if your system is crazy high.
 
How long did it take to get that big?
Don't know I bought it close to that size. About 3 months and its growimg on the bottom now. Just took this pic.
20260109_102207.jpg

This is 1.5 years growth on this one. Just took pic 2.
20240524_133351.jpg

20260109_102719.jpg
 
I agree with those who say higher light corals like sps can go right up into high light spots. If they’re coming from that; they spent what a day, day and half in darkness. They can take it and in my opinion is less stressful for them. Now maybe not your highest light if your system is crazy high.
Gotcha. Since my highest point is in the mid 200s, he should be fine up there as an acro. I moved him and the monti up towards the top, and so far they seem to like it. If they do well today, I may glue them down and let them work it out.
 
Don't know I bought it close to that size. About 3 months and its growimg on the bottom now. Just took this pic.
20260109_102207.jpg

This is 1.5 years growth on this one. Just took pic 2.
20240524_133351.jpg

20260109_102719.jpg
So it was a larger/more established frag or small colony to begin with, I wonder if growth increases in speed as the colony gets bigger, or if its just easier to see the growth. If mine can stay stable, I might get to do some research.
 
So it was a larger/more established frag or small colony to begin with, I wonder if growth increases in speed as the colony gets bigger, or if its just easier to see the growth. If mine can stay stable, I might get to do some research.
Here's a frag and 1.5 years growth in same system.
Second pic today around 3" dia. Once this size they expand quite fast.
20240704_140105.jpg

20260109_103747.jpg
 
Last edited:
So it was a larger/more established frag or small colony to begin with, I wonder if growth increases in speed as the colony gets bigger, or if its just easier to see the growth. If mine can stay stable, I might get to do some research.
Yes the bigger they get the faster they grow.
 
Yes the bigger they get the faster they grow.
Good, so I just need him to get bigger then theoretically he'll grow into a nice colorful lump on my rocks.

Sorry for the dumb questions everyone, I really want my reef built up, but have lost a variety of corals to unknown reasons, best guess being flow based, and one to a power outage. Unfortunately, I can't know if a coral I want can thrive here for sure until I get it and see how it fares, after doing my best to set up the necessary conditions for its growth. Flow is so dependent on who you ask, its hard to know what 'low' 'medium' or 'high' flow really look like without seeing the corals reaction in person.
 
Good, so I just need him to get bigger then theoretically he'll grow into a nice colorful lump on my rocks.

Sorry for the dumb questions everyone, I really want my reef built up, but have lost a variety of corals to unknown reasons, best guess being flow based, and one to a power outage. Unfortunately, I can't know if a coral I want can thrive here for sure until I get it and see how it fares, after doing my best to set up the necessary conditions for its growth. Flow is so dependent on who you ask, its hard to know what 'low' 'medium' or 'high' flow really look like without seeing the corals reaction in person.
I looked at your build. You system is 6 month old.
Good, so I just need him to get bigger then theoretically he'll grow into a nice colorful lump on my rocks.

Sorry for the dumb questions everyone, I really want my reef built up, but have lost a variety of corals to unknown reasons, best guess being flow based, and one to a power outage. Unfortunately, I can't know if a coral I want can thrive here for sure until I get it and see how it fares, after doing my best to set up the necessary conditions for its growth. Flow is so dependent on who you ask, its hard to know what 'low' 'medium' or 'high' flow really look like without seeing the corals reaction in person.
Any fts. I looked at your build and it stops in July.
 
I looked at your build. You system is 6 month old.

Any fts. I looked at your build and it stops in July.
Haven't updated recently, been dealing with life and haven't taken time to do a full write up lately. Lost some fish to aggression from the rogue tomini, been trying to catch him for a while now but he got smart. Thankfully everyone left seems to handle him, but to replace those he has killed or harassed, he still has to go.

I probably have some somewhere, I'll have to go through my phone. I'm battling cyano again from an unintentional overfeeding that was targeted at helping a couple leaner fish recover from the tomini harassment, and I hadn't realized my skimmer was still unplugged from when I had done a full cleaning on it. It's been pulling a lot since it was turned back on, but I know cyano doesn't leave overnight. It is going away, just slowly. Fighting some aiptasia too, and the berghias I think were eaten by my assorted wrasse. Can't prove it but I suspect.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 21.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 16 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 9.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new