Favia losing color?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Cassian
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Cassian

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 9, 2018
Messages
2,389
Reaction score
1,710
Location
MO
What state or country do you live in
Missouri
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a small favia frag that I got just to try out in my tank. It is putting out lots of feeder tentacles at night, which I think is a good sign, but its color is fading and its turning white. What does this mean? Too much light? I am not dosing anything in the tank (im in the process of setting up my doser) but I have multiple LPS and one other SPS and they do great. If anyone knows why it is turning white, I would appreciate any advice! Thanks!
 
Yep, too much light or change in lighting / intensity. Ie. moved from a led tank to halide. All of my Favias like very low light and get the best coloration under those conditions.
 
Yep, too much light or change in lighting / intensity. Ie. moved from a led tank to halide. All of my Favias like very low light and get the best coloration under those conditions.
thank you so much! ill move it and see how it does.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new