Favia on the plug or rocks?

baslewprime

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 3, 2018
Messages
233
Reaction score
85
Location
Miami, FL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 3 polyp dragon soul Favia frag and I was wondering how I could place this coral? leave it on the plug or remove it and put it on rocks?

The skeleton is really thick and I have seen some really good tissue growth so far.

20191107_143833.jpg
 
You can leave it or remove it. I typically liked to remove frags from plugs. If you remove the goniastrea from the plug then I would leave it in the same spot if its growing well.
 
I like removing favias from the plug and gluing them on my rockwork.
 
What’s the best way to remove it from the plug?
I have specific wood chisels ( harbor freight ) that I use. Flat head screw drivers work.
Tip the frag plug on it's side and insert the blade at the edge of the coral and gently apply pressure and maybe a gentle twisting motion usually pops the frag off.
There are times when the coral has completely encrusted the top of the frag plug, I usually just cut the peg off and glue the whole thing down to a rock.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new