Favias and lighting issue

  • Thread starter Thread starter Just John
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Just John

Valuable Member? Seriously?
View Badges
Joined
Jan 31, 2021
Messages
5,933
Reaction score
21,195
Location
Clearwater, FL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought new lights and have 2 brightly colored favia right next to each other. After a month, one turned dark brown (which the internet says is due to not enough light) while the other started to bleach a lot (from too much light?). So, is it too low or too high?
 
Mike started to bleach when I had too much light on it. I moved it to a darker spot and it fully recovered.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 1 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new