Favorite beer?

eraserhead187

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah it has been. They have collectors that show up and camp the day before they release a new one. I think they've lost a lot of clout with that whole thing. I am sure nothing was done intentionally, they just didn't know the chemistry involved in what they were doing. Still, they shoyld have been doing rigorous testing on new products IMO. Not a mistake they will make again any time soon!
lots of guys around me go nuts for the 450 north slushies. the recent controversy of the ABV content has been interesting

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now how did I miss this one. We have some great breweries, Who remembers Bass Ale, and Moslon Golden ale. Now I wouldn't even consider those an ale.
1581865126324.png 1581865381645.png 1581865442057.png 1581865770844.png

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread was an enjoyable read.....thanks for posting. I no longer drink, but being Irish, when I did, I did it with gusto. As my Uncle Tom use to say, "There's no such thing as bad booze, just some's better than others." Interestingly, the only thing he drank was Chivas Regal Scotch. I like my beers like I like my corals....if it has a fancy-pants name, I'm not interested.

I liked @WVNed 's answer.....cold! That's the truth. The worst tasting rot gut beer you can find.....chill it, and it tastes like gold....the colder, the better. The sign of a good beer is one you can drink at room temperature and it still tastes like more. That said, the best of this type of beer, and I believe a bit out of favor because of price and all the fancy-pants beers, is good old Pabst Blue Ribbon. Please, try it. One of the finest Pilsners there is to be had.

I also enjoyed Ballantine Ale.....don't know if it's still being brewed, but very much enjoyed back in the 70's/80's while my wife worked on the picture puzzles under the cap.

I enjoy a slow poured Guinness as well, but more for special occasions, where it's maybe one or two beers. I couldn't drink that as an everyday beer.

And lastly, and one of my favorites of recent times, came from the oldest brewery in the USA......Yuengling Lager! Always tasted like more.

eraserhead187

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I do drink beer, I tend to like the English pub ale type of stuff like Bellhaven, Boddington, stiff like that. Nice and thick. Easy to drink and not too bitter. Something about the little nitrogen ball thing in there. Frothy and leaves those cool marks on the side of the glass.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
London Pride (found at most Fuller's pubs in London.) Its made at their Griffin Brewery. Goes great with Red Thai Curry w/duck. ;)

440px-London_Pride_bottle_and_glass.jpg

Here's the pub I spent many evenings enjoying it at:

the-churchill-arms.jpg

It's a pub in Notting Hill called The Churchill Arms. If you happen to be walking down Kensington Church St and see it, pop inside. The pub is in the front and they have the best Thai food you'll ever eat in the back (where the plants are hanging down).

OP
OP
Reef-junky

Reef-junky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
London Pride (found at most Fuller's pubs in London.) Its made at their Griffin Brewery. Goes great with Red Thai Curry w/duck. ;)

440px-London_Pride_bottle_and_glass.jpg

Here's the pub I spent many evenings enjoying it at:

the-churchill-arms.jpg

It's a pub in Notting Hill called The Churchill Arms. If you happen to be walking down Kensington Church St and see it, pop inside. The pub is in the front and they have the best Thai food you'll ever eat in the back (where the plants are hanging down).

Holly mother load of flowers!

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Holly mother load of flowers!

You have no idea how much I miss that place. The only thing was they didn't do Sunday roast. More pics below:

churchill-gallery-14.jpg
5a86ff5442e1cc30643cf783
flowers_1.jpg

I also found pics showing what the inside looks like. First is of the pub itself; second is the Thai restaurant in back.

churchill-3.jpg
churchill-4.jpg

MabuyaQ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If any of you ever get the chance get a Westvleteren 12, simply the best beer in the world.

OP
OP
Reef-junky

Reef-junky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That place looks crazy. I Iike the old pub feel of the bar.

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before IPA's were big, the best beer I ever had was Sunday River Brewing Company's IPA...that was around 1994.

There are WAAAY to many best beers to chose. I used to get fresh growlers from Otter Creek Brewing when they had a better variety(1990's).

I've looked for a comparable IPA to the Sunday River IPA. I found it walking distance from my house.

Foley Brother's Pieces of Eight IPA. I don't drink it often because it is $6 for a 16 oz can.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 65 37.1%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back