Favorite cutting tool for fragging

  • Thread starter Thread starter Waboss
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Waboss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 1, 2014
Messages
2,359
Reaction score
1,061
Location
MD, USA
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Ok, so I'm on the fence about getting a gryphon salt water band saw for fragging. I never really needed one when fragging SPS, but now that I've been getting more into blastos, torches, hammers, etc., my old method of "use some shears and snap it off" doesn't really work. I'm looking for some insight into what you use and why. Thanks!
 
I use a band saw for anything outside acros, millis. Easy to cut with, and precise. I did use it once when cutting up a acro colony who's base was 2 inch thick. Easier than using hand cutters.
 
I use a band saw for anything outside acros, millis. Easy to cut with, and precise. I did use it once when cutting up a acro colony who's base was 2 inch thick. Easier than using hand cutters.
Do you use a "regular" band saw? Or one of the ones specifically for water use (like the Gryphon)?
 
Do you use a "regular" band saw? Or one of the ones specifically for water use (like the Gryphon)?
Gryphon XL, worth every penny. I do a ton of fragging and it’s a workhorse I use it for everything. I find for acros I lose less coral and frags tend to heal faster using the saw. It’s a must for lps and makes fragging zoas easy on plugs.

Take this advice it’s from a fellow Camaro owner lol!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 11 6.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 28 15.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 59 33.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 27 15.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new