Favorite Wrasse??

  • Thread starter Thread starter Clawfish
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Clawfish

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 26, 2021
Messages
463
Reaction score
340
Location
Fort Lauderdale
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s your favorite wrasse? Mine is the Creole Wrasse and HogFish. He’s a video of my 3 year old Hog (caught by hand in the FL Keys), fresh after a ghost shrimp feeding (I breed them in my sump and lion fish tank).
 
My favorite wrasse is difficult because there are so many different types of wrasse with different things to like about them.

For personality I love dragon wrasse. They have both the intense wrasse energy but also the quirky blenny personality too.
IMG_4307.jpeg


For beauty the unfortunately impossible to acquire Anampses chrysocephalus is phenomenal. I hope that Hawaii reopens someday as I’ve only seen these in the wild once.
Not my photo
1724254968728.jpeg



But overall. Even though I’ve struggled keeping one I just love Coris gaimard so much. Will have to try again someday!

IMG_1222.jpeg
 
I love the possum wrasse a lot, because they have a neat nature of going around the tank looking like they just learnt how to swim or at least that's what mine does also when they get that deep red color they look beautiful.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new