Feather Duster on Turbo Snail

mightymexican

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 1, 2021
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
Columbia, SC
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Help ID this hitchhiker?

My turbo snail was giving the Nero 5 a good cleaning and I notice the red glow coming from the shell. Looks like a feather duster but I’m not sure if that’s the actual name or if it’s actually some sort of tube worm.

96070347-1786-4DC0-BBF1-9EBE6135ECBE.jpeg
 
Solution
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Help ID this hitchhiker?

My turbo snail was giving the Nero 5 a good cleaning and I notice the red glow coming from the shell. Looks like a feather duster but I’m not sure if that’s the actual name or if it’s actually some sort of tube worm.

96070347-1786-4DC0-BBF1-9EBE6135ECBE.jpeg
Yeah, it's a feather duster worm (taxonomic family Sabellidae), and feather duster worms are a kind of tube worm. Harmless filter feeder.
Help ID this hitchhiker?

My turbo snail was giving the Nero 5 a good cleaning and I notice the red glow coming from the shell. Looks like a feather duster but I’m not sure if that’s the actual name or if it’s actually some sort of tube worm.

96070347-1786-4DC0-BBF1-9EBE6135ECBE.jpeg
Yeah, it's a feather duster worm (taxonomic family Sabellidae), and feather duster worms are a kind of tube worm. Harmless filter feeder.
 
Upvote 0
Solution

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new