Feather duster, should i be concerend

  • Thread starter Thread starter aidy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

aidy

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 3, 2024
Messages
6
Reaction score
2
Location
Lincolnshire
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi could anyone help, and should I be concerned, before I go on have checked tank parameters and they all check out fine and no issues,... so, got up this morning and did morning feed, and while sat looking at my tank I actually watched my feather duster shed it's feather, like it just popped off!, the worm itself is still inside it's tube and now my nassarius snails are going to town on the feather "head", should I be concerned is my feather dieing? Or is it just going through a stage of growing a new feather head ?? And should I remove the old one ?? Please can anyone help because Google searches on this have left a little confused
20241013_100703.jpg
 
They occassionnally ditch the crowns, I beleive it is usually a stress reaction, but the crown will grown back if everything is fine, it takes 2-3 weeks to grow another. Make sure everything is in order and nothing trying to get to the worm, it needs to be healthy and left alone.
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new