Feather Duster vs Zoas

ThunderGoose

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 25, 2016
Messages
938
Reaction score
1,176
Location
Beverly, Mass
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some zoas that are starting to grow up the stem of my large feather duster's tube. Recently they damaged the tube and I thought my feather duster was done for. Today I spotted some feathers sticking out. Is there any way I can remove some of the zoas without further damage to the worm? I've had this one for almost two years now and I'd hate to lose her!


March 25 zoas.jpg
 
You can try killing off the zoas by putting aptasia x.
 
You can try killing off the zoas by putting aptasia x.

I don't have any aptasia X at home and my LRS doesn't open till Friday... Isn't there a DIY alternative? Like vinegar or something?
 
I don't have any aptasia X at home and my LRS doesn't open till Friday... Isn't there a DIY alternative? Like vinegar or something?
If you have kalwasser, you can mix into a paste and inject/squirt into zoas. It will suffocate them and add lakl to your system
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 34.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 23 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new