Feather Duster Worms - Nopox - Issue

RmkJersey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been keeping a number of feather duster worms for a few months, I have been spot feeding them and they have been doing well.

I started dosing Red Sea Nopox and paid very careful attention to the dosing amounts, but all of the feather duster worms (except for two of them) have shed their crowns and a couple of them have died.

Has anyone else ever experienced this situation?

Everything else in the system looks healthy and have had no adverse reaction!

For now I have stopped using Nopox and I have reverted back to doing the normal weekly water changes to keep down the Nitrates and phosphates.

Lesson learned, don't fix something that isn't broken!

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have been keeping a number of feather duster worms for a few months, I have been spot feeding them and they have been doing well.

I started dosing Red Sea Nopox and paid very careful attention to the dosing amounts, but all of the feather duster worms (except for two of them) have shed their crowns and a couple of them have died.

Has anyone else ever experienced this situation?

Everything else in the system looks healthy and have had no adverse reaction!

For now I have stopped using Nopox and I have reverted back to doing the normal weekly water changes to keep down the Nitrates and phosphates.

Lesson learned, don't fix something that isn't broken!
If you look (google) - there are a number of reports of this exact problem with no pox and feather dusters. Whether its directly the chemical - or relates to decreases in nutrients - not sure. The good news is sometimes the crowns, etc grow back... Good luck

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back