Feather Duster???

Rmichael

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 8, 2022
Messages
13
Reaction score
5
Location
Bend
What state or country do you live in
Oregon
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0624.jpg



Is this a group of small feather dusters on my frog spawn?
 
IMG_0624.jpg



Is this a group of small feather dusters on my frog spawn?
Its a tube worm which emits a fan to capture food. While harmless I dont desire them in my tank and usually crush the tube or scrape off in a container of tank water
 
If you're referring to the things I've marked with arrows, then yes, they were likely created by fan/feather duster worms. However, they may not longer contain any worms - the tubes will remain after the animal has died.
Did you dip the coral for pests? If so, they are likely no longer living.
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20230217-225416.png
    Screenshot_20230217-225416.png
    758.9 KB · Views: 52

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new