• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

PAreefer710

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I take pictures under heavy blue light my sand doesn't come out blue. But what ever you need to say to justify your pictures.
Hahahahaha justify my pictures. Please buddy I don’t need anything but an orange filter for my camera. These colors are as true to the eye as you would see in person. ‍♂️

Attachments

• D0D18323-38AE-4486-A53F-A25B7F817001.jpeg
    D0D18323-38AE-4486-A53F-A25B7F817001.jpeg
    273.3 KB · Views: 66
  • D2155FCF-C883-4D72-B485-9328BECF5570.jpeg
    D2155FCF-C883-4D72-B485-9328BECF5570.jpeg
    253 KB · Views: 51
  • B30E3847-1E58-4EE9-968D-DCFF7A15A3EF.jpeg
    B30E3847-1E58-4EE9-968D-DCFF7A15A3EF.jpeg
    276 KB · Views: 57

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not understand why people send in pictures that are so over saturated that there sand is blue or purple. I feel that those people and there photos should be thrown out. Those pictures should be considered fake because its not a true representation of there coral or tank. A true picture should only be an orange filter over your camera or no orange filter. There's a big problem with over saturated picture and it's not just the hobbyist its a real problem with coral sellers. And it need to change.

.7 or .15 should be the only pictures considered. Because there the only pictures that have white sand or doesn't have a blue or purple on things that aren't suppose to be blue or purple.
I get what you are saying, but a picture taken under 12k halides almost needs no editing to show it is true to life. Even when taken with an iPhone 8 with no filter. Some of us actually have a ton of coraline on the rocks that is bright red and purple. Heck, I even have some spots of purple sand under 10k bulbs in a tank due to coralline.

Btw, there is one up there that you seem to think is blown out and edited, but it isn’t lol

ChuckTownReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hahahahaha justify my pictures. Please buddy I don’t need anything but an orange filter for my camera. These colors are as true to the eye as you would see in person. ‍♂️

What company sells your blue sand? Did it come dry or is it live blue sand??

DivingTheWorld

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not understand why people send in pictures that are so over saturated that there sand is blue or purple. I feel that those people and there photos should be thrown out. Those pictures should be considered fake because its not a true representation of there coral or tank. A true picture should only be an orange filter over your camera or no orange filter. There's a big problem with over saturated picture and it's not just the hobbyist its a real problem with coral sellers. And it need to change.

.7 or .15 should be the only pictures considered. Because there the only pictures that have white sand or doesn't have a blue or purple on things that aren't suppose to be blue or purple.
I can only speak to #11, but I run BB and it’s covered in pink coraline. That photo is 100% true to your eyeball in daylight.

Last edited:

PAreefer710

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I get what you are saying, but a picture taken under 12k halides almost needs no editing to show it is true to life. Even when taken with an iPhone 8 with no filter. Some of us actually have a ton of coraline on the rocks that is bright red and purple. Heck, I even have some spots of purple sand under 10k bulbs in a tank due to coralline.

Btw, there is one up there that you seem to think is blown out and edited, but it isn’t lol
Wow. I really hope you’re not that brain dead. I’ll send you videos, I don’t even care. I know my tank looks good. And I have absolutely zero need to even edit a picture by any means.

PAreefer710

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean, when I am looking at my tank, right now, the sand is blue. Half of my living room is blue from the light, sooo I really don’t know what ya mean. I do use good lights, hydra32 and reefbrite xho. So unless you are used to cheapy China black boxes, my heavy blues and yours might not be so similar. This torch IS this bright. And there is zero editing. Some people are just better at this then others. Lol

Attachments

• 25EF022C-A0C5-4794-AA5B-44A38BF73FEB.jpeg
    25EF022C-A0C5-4794-AA5B-44A38BF73FEB.jpeg
    354.2 KB · Views: 39
  • 92625EC9-9B4F-4B6A-9B45-92A82F26B6B7.jpeg
    92625EC9-9B4F-4B6A-9B45-92A82F26B6B7.jpeg
    220.6 KB · Views: 48
  • 2ACA692C-F4B1-48B0-A15B-F08A104A98BC.jpeg
    2ACA692C-F4B1-48B0-A15B-F08A104A98BC.jpeg
    325 KB · Views: 38

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow. I really hope you’re not that brain dead. I’ll send you videos, I don’t even care. I know my tank looks good. And I have absolutely zero need to even edit a picture by any means.
I may be brain dead, but that is ok, as most Marines are. I am also so brain dead I have no idea why you quoted me. I don’t care if people edit pics, just stating a point about halides and not needing edited to the person who went ape butt about edited pics. Never criticized anyone’s tanks or care if they are all blue with crazy editing.

So have a nice day and happy rave light reefing to ya buddy.

PAreefer710

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may be brain dead, but that is ok, as most Marines are. I am also so brain dead I have no idea why you quoted me. I don’t care if people edit pics, just stating a point about halides and not needing edited to the person who went ape butt about edited pics. Never criticized anyone’s tanks or care if they are all blue with crazy editing.

That was supposed to be the other dude. I do apologize that it replied to you. But my thing is if your gonna spend good money on high end coral, and the blue light shows them colors off, why not!?

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was supposed to be the other dude. I do apologize that it replied to you. But my thing is if your gonna spend good money on high end coral, and the blue light shows them colors off, why not!?
I agree. It is YOUR TANK. Do what you wish with the lighting. You are the one who has to look at it lol.

As I tell my kids about all things in life that people do different. To each their own and do what makes you happy.

PAreefer710

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Lol rave light reefing. Well it does look better than a bunch of brown looking corals in white light, no? and being that corals take the majority of what they need from the blue spectrum it’s a win win in my opinion.

PAreefer710

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree. It is YOUR TANK. Do what you wish with the lighting. You are the one who has to look at it lol.

As I tell my kids about all things in life that people do different. To each their own and do what makes you happy.
Exactly. I just don’t understand why the other dude got soo upset, lol I mean I’m not wrong about the blue light, you shine a blue flashlight on something, that object is gonna be blue no?

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol rave light reefing. Well it does look better than a bunch of brown looking corals in white light, no? and being that corals take the majority of what they need from the blue spectrum it’s a win win in my opinion.
Again, to each their own. I have dove for 35 years, so I prefer the natural look. Nothing in my tanks looks brown under 12k lighting.

As for the other guy, who knows. Always people like that.

And yes. Heavy blue light will make blue sand and rocks.

PAreefer710

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Watch out for scams! I bought white sand and it turned this colour after I put it in my tank and turned on the lights.
BB1F737F-4787-4C40-85B1-04CCF2DD4A4B.jpeg

*unedited photo from iPhone SE 2020
I need that hookup on that sand. Lol
Again, to each their own. I have dove for 35 years, so I prefer the natural look. Nothing in my tanks looks brown under 12k lighting.

As for the other guy, who knows. Always people like that.

And yes. Heavy blue light will make blue sand and rocks.
yeah the natural look is nice too for sure, all personal opinion. This is my light schedule, with the addition of full actinic reef Brite Xhos so I ain’t lying when I say HEAVY blues. But the coloration I get is pretty awesome, I have torches that look night and day difference in about a months time or less. E09CC8DE-6140-4AC8-8AE8-8E446A15D084.png

PAreefer710

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jeez. I think that they are great pictures edited or not. I can edit mine all I want and they won't turn out that good. Great job to you finalists, all beautiful shots :)
It’s just irritating when ya spend a lot of time, and effort and research to get your corals lookin as good as they are, and some clown says it’s “over saturated” and not how they really look. But I do get it, jealousy is huge in this hobby. So I just kick back and enjoy the entertainment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back