February, 2018 POTM Contest - Chalices

  • Thread starter Thread starter dbl
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
mummy eye.jpg

I've been on a chalice kick lately since the couple I've had a long time are kicking off. Happy I grabbed this guy recently. Incredible colors.
 
Do Acan echinata's count as chalices?
 
Do Acan echinata's count as chalices?
Nope. Chalice corals are of the Pectiniidae family:

Echinomorpha
Echinophyllia
Mycedium
Oxypora
Pectinia
Physophyllia

However oddly enough, many of the popular "chalices" in the trade are Echinopora, which technically is not in the Pectiniidae family. I also have never considered a Pectinia a chalice but it is technically.
 
Last edited:
Nope. Chalice corals are of the Pectiniidae family:

Echinomorpha
Echinophyllia
Mycedium
Oxypora
Pectinia
Physophyllia

However oddly enough, many of the popular "chalices" in the trade are Echinopora, which technically is not in the Pectiniidae family. I also have never considered a Pectinia a chalice but it is technically.

tenor.gif
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new