February, 2019 POTM - Gobies

  • Thread starter Thread starter dbl
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
2F33BDE9-0248-4E13-AAE2-80B58C8A6B7B.jpeg
 
what kind of crab is that?
Pistol shrimp, they pair with gobies. Pretty awesome relationship.

My gobies are always hiding so its near impossible to get a pic of them.
 
I have 4 of these Tiny Cleaner Blue Neon Gobies (Elacatinus oceanops) in QT.

They never hold still long enough to get focus on them, but after about 100 photo tries, ONE finally Stood Still.

33212846598_489c068102_h.jpg

Let me just say - considering how small these fish are and how fast they dart - this is AWESOMENESS
 
I know I keep sharing variations on this set-up in different threads, with the clown goby (sold as a citron?) in the purple & green frogspawn, but I really do love the contrast. :) I keep taking pictures of this over and over again, in the hopes they keep get better. But I am grateful for them as they are now :)

goby.jpg
 
Q
I know I keep sharing variations on this set-up in different threads, with the clown goby (sold as a citron?) in the purple & green frogspawn, but I really do love the contrast. :) I keep taking pictures of this over and over again, in the hopes they keep get better. But I am grateful for them as they are now :)

goby.jpg
thats cool photo.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new