. Fed ex sucks

acropora4u

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was supposed to get a coral shipment yesterday of nice acropora frags… as they usually do FedEx drop the ball left a package in Memphis and decided that they would deliver it to me on Saturday instead well it’s 1:30 PM Eastern and still no FedEx. I’m quite sure those are some dead SPS. FedEx is the ******* worst.

esquare

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Star Wars Meme.jpg

I have to deal with the shipping companies all the time with work and they just don't care. There is such a high demand for shipping that they have more business then they can handle.

flashsmith

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is why I won't buy from a livestock vendor who uses FedEx. No matter how good their reputation is. They just aren't dependable. UPS on the other hand has never been later than 11:00am to my door for overnight. That's from Cali to Central Florida. The last time I used a vendor that shipped FedEx was probably 2 years ago. My livestock showed up at 11:30 PM overnight.. lol

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with everyone above. There also isn’t a hub in my area so I gotta drive 40 minutes to pickup a deferred package. UPS overnight is always reliable for me.

OP
OP
acropora4u

acropora4u

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brandon is a standup guy, frags are always awesome. Little story….I ordered frags from the 10 year sale and Brandon shipped them on Thursday for Friday delivery ( yesterday) …well, you know , stuff happens and fed ex left the package in the Memphis airport. So, delayed a whole day ! I called fed ex and pleaded with them to make an early Saturday delivery. …the balls on them , they said “ since this was not shipped as a Saturday delivery we cannot deliver this until Monday! What are you ****** kidding me so I said let me speak to the supervisor and finally I got to a supervisor and they made it happen

so I was waiting all morning for it and guess what it doesn’t show up until almost 2 o’clock in the afternoon. I’m thinking everything‘s got to be gone. But to my surprise, I saw some polyps although the Coral had browned out a bit - it still had polyps. So I did the acclamation, as I usually would and they are looking pretty dang awesome right now I will keep a close eye on them for the next few days and hope they stay looking good

Brandon also went above and beyond and gave me an additional three day guarantee that they’ll stay alive.

Here are some pics after acclimation

IMG_4273.jpeg IMG_4272.jpeg

Dmmz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am glad they appear to have made it

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 80 55.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.0%
Back