FedEx and their 5star World-class Service

harley32907

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They did that to set of lighting I order I was in backyard Couldn't get to the front yard fast enough, lucky nothing was broken

dank reefer

IG: dankreefer_IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tip my drivers a Jeroboam of champagne at the holidaze. Cold drinks in the summer. 12pack of beer for the trash guys. Dont have issues.
My grandmother taught me at an early age what @lapin posted right here.

The mailman always got his fix of cuban coffee everyday and converse with her, and the trash guys would get beer every week.

As a kid, I didn't understand why she did it. And now as an adult, I follow her tradition cause now I know why she did it.

Reef man 89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tip my drivers a Jeroboam of champagne at the holidaze. Cold drinks in the summer. 12pack of beer for the trash guys. Dont have issues.
I am a trash guy and that truly does go along way. I bet your guys take everything you put out and your trash barrels are standing up and not in your neighbors yard.

gray808

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do most of you have regular, specific drivers that deliver all your UPS or FedEx stuff?

Mine is completely random.

USPS delivered a bucket of Red Sea salt last week. Looks like it was dropped from 50 feet. The whole plastic bucket was shattered, inside the box. Lucky my old one was still around, so I could just transfer it to the old bucket/bag.

--Gray

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We get random people too. My kids leave snacks and drinks out for them (before the pandemic) and that only seems to make them want to toss the package sooner and from farther out to get to the treats.

OP
OP
ZoWhat

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP here.

One thing Ive learned in the last 10 years is.....

PEOPLE DONT GIVE A CRAP ANYMORE AND LIVE IN THERE OWN WORLD

VOID OF KINDNESS, RESPECT, COMMUNITY, SUPPORT OF THEIR FELLOW MAN

I absolutely hate what the World has become.

A World that if you don't react to a Red Light turning Green within 1/2 second, ppl lay on their horn for 10 seconds and fly-the-bird as they drive past.

Humanity is in the toilet and clogging up life's plumbing.

Thats what everything has been reduced to... human respect and lives clogged in the toilet of attitudes

gafoley

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This just happened to my home delivered box...

Lord only knows what they do to packages when its inside their facility with no one but coworkers watching....

Unbelievable, isn't it?

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fedex is better than UPS here, and USPS... well... sometimes I get smashed empty packages that have been re-taped. Whenever I use them to mail something I feel like I need to use an entire roll of tape around the box just to make sure it somehow isn't ripped open. Also forget sending a gift card USPS in a envelope, if they feel it in there, that will definitely be GONE.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is no cookie cutter "courier x is better than courier y". A lot of it simply depends on your assigned driver and area you live. My UPS driver is great.

Millwright

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never had a problem with any of them. Matter-of-fact if my garage door is open all of them place the package inside the garage on my workbench.

Silent

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do most of you have regular, specific drivers that deliver all your UPS or FedEx stuff?

USPS delivered a bucket of Red Sea salt last week. Looks like it was dropped from 50 feet. The whole plastic bucket was shattered, inside the box. Lucky my old one was still around, so I could just transfer it to the old bucket/bag.

--Gray
Jim Carrey.gif

Not the bucket...lol

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We get random people too. My kids leave snacks and drinks out for them (before the pandemic) and that only seems to make them want to toss the package sooner and from farther out to get to the treats.
Ya know whats so weird about that statement is that I have noticed so many news clips of late of Kids saying they want to work for UPS or Fedex when they grow up and so many of them meet the drivers and bring them snacks. Our are kids starting to see them as some kind of Santa Claus?
I just find it an interesting social dynamic that our kids are doing this and most of us don't even realize the hero worship that is going on. I know my youngest son seems to be fixated on the delivery van driving by the house. He's upset if it does not stop and ecstatic if it stops and their is a package for him.

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

--Gray
I tend to have the same Fed Ex and UPS drivers. We had the same UPS guy for years until he retired...Kenny. Also the same Fed Ex Express guy until he retired. We had a really nice Fed Ex Ground guy who would leave treats for your dog, really nice fellow, little rough around the edges, too bad he shot himself.

Generally my packages arrive in great shape and are either on my porch or leaning against the porch door outside. The only time they are badly damaged is if they are really heavy and/or awkwardly shaped.

Thaxxx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP here.

One thing Ive learned in the last 10 years is.....

PEOPLE DONT GIVE A CRAP ANYMORE AND LIVE IN THERE OWN WORLD

VOID OF KINDNESS, RESPECT, COMMUNITY, SUPPORT OF THEIR FELLOW MAN

I absolutely hate what the World has become.

A World that if you don't react to a Red Light turning Green within 1/2 second, ppl lay on their horn for 10 seconds and fly-the-bird as they drive past.

Humanity is in the toilet and clogging up life's plumbing.

Thats what everything has been reduced to... human respect and lives clogged in the toilet of attitudes

This post about sums it up.
I completely agree. I hate it too. One of the things I hate most about it is, it can affect your own behaviors if you let it. I think the impersonation of the internet is the main reason for this huge change in human behavior. The me me me of social media. Ect.
The sad part of it is, there is no turning it back. It keeps getting worse. :(

OP
OP
ZoWhat

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP here.

Had an Amazon package deliver this morning. Driver put the package neatly next to my door
20200911_104043.jpg

Goes to PROVE to me that every worker should be on some sort of incentive based pay.

Here is what I mean

* The FedEx driver that rolled my package unto my porch like a bowling ball is probably protected by FedEx employee rights. If I took this video to this guy's manager, they would laugh and say "don't let the door hit you in the ... when you leave"

The Amazon driver is prob a college kid working in 4hr shifts. When they finish their route they can pickup a 2nd 4hr shift. Theyre hustling but providing good service bc if i report a bad delivery Amazon might just replace the college kid with someone else.

Every service related job should be somehow tied to some kind of incentives.

Pay a guy a wage with no incentives and protected by a 4in book of employee rights....you'll have a guy would doesnt give a crap about his work that effects all of our service experiences

Last edited:

HeyJay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a couple hours ago I received a box with a million labels that say "live fish" and "this end up"

UPS driver left it upside down on my front as steps

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back