FedEx and their 5star World-class Service

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There’s a fedex driver that purposely speeds his truck up as he drives down our long driveway if he sees our dogs are out.

I would not be responsible for my actions if he had ever hit one of them

OP
OP
ZoWhat

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a couple hours ago I received a box with a million labels that say "live fish" and "this end up"

UPS driver left it upside down on my front as steps
Bc its a Union worker who doesn't give a crap. Just going thru the motions. No hustle, no pride

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This just happened to my home delivered box...

Lord only knows what they do to packages when its inside their facility with no one but coworkers watching....

Please say there was nothing living in there!! I would report this to FedEx and send the video.

Obviously there are excellent men and women that do this valuable service for us who take pride in their work and would never disrespect customers by handling packages this way but clearly this person doesn't fall into that category. I guess this driver doesn't care if their packages get dumped this way!

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't mind if drones started delivering my packages unless of course it accidentally dropped it in my yard from 50 feet in the air. Haha That would also be bad but kind of like what this guy did.

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP here.

Had an Amazon package deliver this morning. Driver put the package neatly next to my door
20200911_104043.jpg

Goes to PROVE to me that every worker should be on some sort of incentive based pay.

Here is what I mean

* The FedEx driver that rolled my package unto my porch like a bowling ball is probably protected by FedEx employee rights. If I took this video to this guy's manager, they would laugh and say "don't let the door hit you in the ... when you leave"

The Amazon driver is prob a college kid working in 4hr shifts. When they finish their route they can pickup a 2nd 4hr shift. Theyre hustling but providing good service bc if i report a bad delivery Amazon might just replace the college kid with someone else.

Every service related job should be somehow tied to some kind of incentives.

Pay a guy a wage with no incentives and protected by a 4in book of employee rights....you'll have a guy would doesnt give a crap about his work that effects all of our service experiences

Well I've heard that some delivery folks are overworked and get like one day off. Considering the increased volume of packages....I could see service with a smile starting to wane.

Not defending actions, but unionized employee here....with a ton of sick leave, annual leave and personal leave, plenty of bennies, but with an increasing workload(with no pay incentive) due to hiring freezes, etc., the fun of going to work only to get overworked and use sick/leave to recover from work stress isn't a healthy life to live.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a UPS driver who would purposefully drive off of my curved long gravel lane when we lived in Missouri - it would rut up the grass sometimes 3-4 inches deep in the wetter months and then he would have to spin gravel on the other set of tires since he almost got stuck a few times. I once blocked him in my driveway with a stock trailer and truck until a supervisor came - it took two hours. He threatened to fight me, but never did anything but whine about being late and how it was an "accident." They paid for somebody to come fix the damage and it never happened again - same guy driving. This was probably fifteen years ago, so who knows what would happen in 2020.

I have no time for people who do a bad job and expect me to bear the brunt of it and have never really had any sort of reckoning since they prey on most people's decency. It is not my fault that they hate their jobs or whatever other reason that they are disgruntled. It also sucks that the good ones have to bear the sins of the bad.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There’s a fedex driver that purposely speeds his truck up as he drives down our long driveway if he sees our dogs are out.

I would not be responsible for my actions if he had ever hit one of them
I would say something to him now rather than wait on something to happen and then you do something that lands you in jail. I had a neighbor who use to pass very close to my fence just so he could antagonize my Rottweiler. One day when he was in the act I called out to him and I told him that if the dog jumps or breaks down the fence and attacks you and somehow you do prevail, you will not be celebrating for long. After that he just stopped doing it and actually walked on the other side of the road.

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say something to him now rather than wait on something to happen and then you do something that lands you in jail. I had a neighbor who use to pass very close to my fence just so he could antagonize my Rottweiler. One day when he was in the act I called out to him and I told him that if the dog jumps or breaks down the fence and attacks you and somehow you do prevail, you will not be celebrating for long. After that he just stopped doing it and actually walked on the other side of the road.

we did. First to the Richard and then to his supervisor. Thankfully haven’t seen him since.

excellent advice in any case!

OP
OP
ZoWhat

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I've heard that some delivery folks are overworked and get like one day off. Considering the increased volume of packages....I could see service with a smile starting to wane.

Not defending actions, but unionized employee here....with a ton of sick leave, annual leave and personal leave, plenty of bennies, but with an increasing workload(with no pay incentive) due to hiring freezes, etc., the fun of going to work only to get overworked and use sick/leave to recover from work stress isn't a healthy life to live.
Shame that you don't other opportunities in this Country to do other work and you are forced into these situations....

Anthony Scholfield

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will say my FED EX driver is fantastic. My last fish shipment a few weeks ago he called me to say he left the box at the front door instead of the side door because the side door was in full sun and didn’t want the box to bake. That was impressive in my opinion.

Mr_Knightley

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me personally, UPS is the best in my area (I've gotten to know my delivery man very well) while FedEx and USPS have literally thrown my packages to be eaten by dogs in my courtyard. Amazon sucks too because the drivers in my area are all teen twits who don't give a flying crap.

EMeyer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont know what it is about delivery drivers, does their job make them misanthropes or is that the only kind of person that gets hired?

The other day, I was walking out of the grocery store and noticed a bag of zucchinis had fallen out of someones cart. I asked the lady in front of me, and the lady on the other side if it was theirs, and both said no. So I set it down gently on a nearby sill and went on my way.

Did I drop it forcefully? Did I throw it against the wall to see what would happen? No, I set it down gently because that's how a normal, well adjusted person handles someone else's property.

I get it, work sucks sometimes, but there is something fundamentally wired wrong in these people's heads to handle other peoples' property the way they do.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My UPS guy is good, but I am sure he hates me for my monthly salt subscription at 56 lbs each.

My USPS guy is also super. If we are away and the mailbox gets full he brings it up onto the porch. I'd guess he has 5 more years before settling into a decent pension plan.

Fed-Ex has changed entirely. Used to be great. Now they are using cheap subcontractors driving beat up vans and Uhaul trucks. Since that change, I just have them deliver to Walgreens for pickup.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just made my first online order for livestock (fish). My anxiety for how their shipment process is going to be is already through the roof, lol. This video didn't help
Don't worry. In about 95% of the cases everything arrives just fine.

mrpizzaface

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have almost always had good experiences with my USPS person, UPS person, and Fedex person. I know each of them and give them a card with a nice tip at the end of the year. I also tip my garbage and recycling people. I grew up in a house like this where we always gave yearly cards with cash and cookies/baked goods to all our often used/ subscribed service providers. We typically always get/got stellar service.

BKLYN651

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Results of UPS overnight delivery that took 4 days. Looks
0753E5FC-7712-4E77-9694-EAE31BF3D718.jpeg
37F005AA-6AE7-4B00-9335-308AC53C9FEB.jpeg

like it was repacked by UPS. I received partial refund because I said something’s survive. Eventually everything died. It Reeked!!! It was near 100 degrees everyday here in Nevada.
0753E5FC-7712-4E77-9694-EAE31BF3D718.jpeg
90D87C23-1CEF-4882-8A1C-951DAB8FC71D.jpeg

Dark_Knightt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Lord only knows what they do to packages when its inside their facility with no one but coworkers watching....

Was this livestock?? This is horrible either way complain, send them a video and get some free stuff or smth.

Reefing_addiction

It’s my TANK and I want it NOW!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Be kind and repost so the rest of us with dumb phones can watch purdy please

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just received 2 packages today. One from ups and other from fedex. Will note ups came first and was left on front porch. No knock on door or bell was ring. Was 2 frags in box worth 250$ or so. No big deal. Well second box fedex came 2 hours later same thing left on front porch no door knck or bell was rung. This time the box contains 5,000$ worth of corals. ticks me off they can’t even ring the bell. I live in Chicago and packages get stolen off front porches all the time here. Other then no bell ring over past 10 years Ive never had any other issues with either ups or fedex

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back