Fedex left euphyllia for dead

NanoDJS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont think its brown jelly ( just dead tissue) , also med flow low light , and agree on the Reef energy (aminos /carbs)your fighting the good fight and I think you will be victorious !!! Fedex SUCKS !

OP
OP
Tennyson

Tennyson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welp, so today I had to remove all the tissue from the hammer frags, it was rotted. I also had an outbreak of brown jelly from a large wall hammer I had been trying to save.

Several LPS/Goniopora were infected, but I dipped everyone and did a 25% water change and the damage was minimal. I run a ton of carbon (3+ cups/160 gal), which is why I think everyone has held out for so long. Unfortunately though with nitrates at 50ppm and the infection of a large colony, my carbon probably wasn't enough.

Can the frags still make a come back from this??? My goal at the moment is to change out my carbon and do water changes until my nitrates are closer to 10ppm.

20191112_203744.jpg

Realposition

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welp, so today I had to remove all the tissue from the hammer frags, it was rotted. I also had an outbreak of brown jelly from a large wall hammer I had been trying to save.

Several LPS/Goniopora were infected, but I dipped everyone and did a 25% water change and the damage was minimal. I run a ton of carbon (3+ cups/160 gal), which is why I think everyone has held out for so long. Unfortunately though with nitrates at 50ppm and the infection of a large colony, my carbon probably wasn't enough.

Can the frags still make a come back from this??? My goal at the moment is to change out my carbon and do water changes until my nitrates are closer to 10ppm.

20191112_203744.jpg

With no tissue left, they are dead.

Brian1f1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

20191112_203744.jpg
No. Almost never. Like 99.99%. Leave it in though, can’t hurt.

Mical

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From your pic, I highly doubt it will come back. But never say never, fellow reefer (sitting here now) says he had hammer literally shrivel up into skeleton & he considered dead for months and just left the remains. Just shy of a year later it started sprouting again. Currently it's two heads (sorry no pics)

OP
OP
Tennyson

Tennyson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I figured as much, was a good lesson though! Guess I can't get away with high nitrates anymore.

Will leave them in, the one in the back has some gunk in there still so hope is alive! Thanks all.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 54 80.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other

Votes: 4 6.0%
Back